British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teaboy279

Kent vs Plymouth

Paying public short changed again tonight.

No doubt Silver will have his excuses lined up ready for any verbal challenge to his promoting skills.

It’s not Len Silver’s fault or Kent’s fault that they were without a number 1. That blame lies solely with Boxall for acting so irresponsible. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GWC said:

Paying public short changed again tonight.

No doubt Silver will have his excuses lined up ready for any verbal challenge to his promoting skills.

what a daft comment

• Like 2

Despite all of the chaos tonight, it actually was a decent meeting with some very good racing. The Steve boxall incident was a shocker, and no doubt more will be revealed In the coming days.

On 8/4/2018 at 8:14 PM, teaboy279 said:

16.5.2.2 No facility is permitted to replace a rider, who although included in a Re-declaration has not
made an appearance for that Team since being re-declared.

Webster has not made an appearance yet as the meeting did not count.

Was a very good meeting much to my surprise.

12 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

Read somewhere that when the testers were at the Isle of Wight a couple of weeks ago, they tested four riders two hours before the start and the test was for drugs and alcohol.

Drugs/alcohol testing now takes place regularly at UK speedway. I have seen the tester at Eastbourne at least once this season - he could have been more but I don't always go over to the pits before the meeting. 

Guest GiveusaB

Boxall's words when he signed for Kent, when talking about Bowen's injury ? (off the clubs website)

What a 'LOSER' ! Hero to Zero in the blink of an eye !

Both riders have been very good friends since they rode together at Rye House and Boxall had very mixed feelings,
"I am delighted to be back at Kent, my own local club - but devastated that it has happened in this way. Of course, like us all, I wish my mate a speedy recovery. Meanwhile I will try to live up to the high standards that he has set."

Edited by GiveusaB

GWC seems to have a very distorted view of our sport.  Unless the promoter ( in this case Silver) is complicit with the rider using drugs, how on earth

can he be blamed if a rider is caught ?  But I note that GWC is a Rye House fan, so maybe he knows more about Silver than the rest of us ?

My own observ

Previous post git cut short...sorry....My own observations about the incident at Kent are that Plymouth should have wiped the floor with the

home team who also had Stoneman out. Instead it was an astonishing result with a big home win, and no Number One rider in 4 races.

Kent got away with it last night and held on to progress to the next round due to the determination of the remaining riders which says much to their credit. Plymouth were always in trouble with RR for RTD and lightweight reserves added to by Laker falling bizarrely during a stopped race and subsequently taking no further part although no reason given as to why/if he was actually withdrawn but fair play to Sheppard for grinding out his 7 rides.

As for Boxall what a tool. Brings the curtain down on a career surrounded by poor decisions, plunging his home town club into the mire and turning himself into a speedway & grasstrack outcast.

2 hours ago, East End Fan said:

GWC seems to have a very distorted view of our sport.  Unless the promoter ( in this case Silver) is complicit with the rider using drugs, how on earth

can he be blamed if a rider is caught ?  But I note that GWC is a Rye House fan, so maybe he knows more about Silver than the rest of us ?

My own observ

I do and many years of following Rye has probably brought about that distortion!!

3 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Previous post git cut short...sorry....My own observations about the incident at Kent are that Plymouth should have wiped the floor with the

home team who also had Stoneman out. Instead it was an astonishing result with a big home win, and no Number One rider in 4 races.

What? With the 5 riders available to them?

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Kent got away with it last night and held on to progress to the next round due to the determination of the remaining riders which says much to their credit. Plymouth were always in trouble with RR for RTD and lightweight reserves added to by Laker falling bizarrely during a stopped race and subsequently taking no further part although no reason given as to why/if he was actually withdrawn but fair play to Sheppard for grinding out his 7 rides.

As for Boxall what a tool. Brings the curtain down on a career surrounded by poor decisions, plunging his home town club into the mire and turning himself into a speedway & grasstrack outcast.

Huge waste of talent. With the right commitment and attitude, he could of gone very far. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Laker came out for the ReRun and struggled, subsequently he went to the hospital with a suspected broken wrist. Not sure if that's been confirmed.

• Like 1