British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teaboy279

Kent vs Plymouth

13 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Laker came out for the ReRun and struggled, subsequently he went to the hospital with a suspected broken wrist. Not sure if that's been confirmed.

Very short lived performance. Hope he did not break his wrist.

13 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

5 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Very short lived performance. Hope he did not break his wrist.

Unfortunately now confirmed as fractured wrist.

What has now happened to Rye House, GWC ?  For all the years you "suffered", at least you had something to suffer for. I remember in the 

early 70's  when Rye House took over the Rayleigh team and joined the professional league, no one gave them half a chance of survival. I 

think Colin Pratt was also involved at the time but eventually Ronnie Russell took over and it closed when he was in charge. Looks like history 

has repeated itself.  

2 hours ago, East End Fan said:

What has now happened to Rye House, GWC ?  For all the years you "suffered", at least you had something to suffer for. I remember in the 

early 70's  when Rye House took over the Rayleigh team and joined the professional league, no one gave them half a chance of survival. I 

think Colin Pratt was also involved at the time but eventually Ronnie Russell took over and it closed when he was in charge. Looks like history 

has repeated itself.  

Yes I was there in the 70’s and witnessed probably one of the finest teams to win the old NL in 1980 virtually all home grown.

Nobody would have predicted what has now happened but mistakes were made.