British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Ipswich Sunday 5th August

Ipswich to get nothing from this apart from a sore rear end.  Can see Harvey getting lapped.  Hope it's not too embarrassing for witches fans that go.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Tarred with the same brush you closet Witch :P

Wash your mouth out (or wash your fingers)! 

Was going to pop over for it but the wife's arranged for a load of norfockers to turn up this afternoon. 

So I'll miss the footie this afternoon too. 

Grim day. 

• Haha 1

Still looking for a texter for this meeting,  is anyone able to help please?

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Ipswich to get nothing from this apart from a sore rear end.  Can see Harvey getting lapped.  Hope it's not too embarrassing for witches fans that go.

A lot will depend on which Heeps  turns up , the one we know he's capable of or the one that so far this season has been a bitter disappointment for Ipswich fans and with two iffy reserves they could be looking at 4 men carrying the team also a lot will depend on Ben Barker putting in a solid performance which is long overdue . Which ever way it goes I hope we are in for an entertaining meeting  and a safe passage home for all riders with no injuries involved.

Without Ostergaard riding at least Nico should be less likely to get injured!

Still a big home win on the cards though as Peterborough and Lakeside are a clear head and shoulders above the rest in the Championship this season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, New era Panthers said:

A lot will depend on which Heeps  turns up , the one we know he's capable of or the one that so far this season has been a bitter disappointment for Ipswich fans and with two iffy reserves they could be looking at 4 men carrying the team also a lot will depend on Ben Barker putting in a solid performance which is long overdue . Which ever way it goes I hope we are in for an entertaining meeting  and a safe passage home for all riders with no injuries involved.

As you said ..heeps has been disappointing this season, .and i don't see that changing today, even though it is on what could be classed as his best track.

1 hour ago, New era Panthers said:

Definition of visiting sides these days.

Wow how wrong were some if not most of us? Well done witches, and praise to Heeps who it seems made a meeting drawing contribution.

• Like 2

Well that was unexpected but very welcome.

No more mistakes at home and the play offs are actually looking possible which is amazing considering the early part of the season.

• Like 1

Nicholls pushing for a place at ippo next season? 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, TheScotsman said:

Better on a smaller track.

Excellent and very welcome two away points. Just a single point from any sort of competent reserve and it would have been more. Still scratching my head at their decision but hey ho that’s  another less fixture he has to fulfil. 

Riss has made a major difference to the upturn in our form. On the face of it not a huge score today, but vital points that I’m not sure either of the previous two youngsters that occupied the position, would have managed. 

From a position of looking unlikely at best for a play off place, we’ve now given ourselves a good opportunity. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

I would swap him for King , Any NO;1 who takes 5 rides to score 7 on his own track  is not worth another season at the showground  IMO.        I must say it was an excellent meeting and neither side deserved to lose and as I mentioned in a previous post a lot would depend on which Heeps turned up and he certainly made the difference.

• Like 2