British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Ipswich Sunday 5th August

5 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

I would swap him for King , Any NO;1 who takes 5 rides to score 7 on his own track  is not worth another season at the showground  IMO.        I must say it was an excellent meeting and neither side deserved to lose and as I mentioned in a previous post a lot would depend on which Heeps turned up and he certainly made the difference.

I will just be happy for Danny to be able to ride for anyone - even Peterborough

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

I would swap him for King , Any NO;1 who takes 5 rides to score 7 on his own track  is not worth another season at the showground  IMO.        I must say it was an excellent meeting and neither side deserved to lose and as I mentioned in a previous post a lot would depend on which Heeps turned up and he certainly made the difference.

Big plus, hence top scorer, Nico allowed to finish meeting without being fenced:rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I will just be happy for Danny to be able to ride for anyone - even Peterborough

Steady on bruv:o

• Haha 1

A very pleasant result. Just shows what can happen when Heeps scores points!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Delay to start as people still trying to get in...  open another turnstile then! 

What turnstiles?  

It was a car-park issue; nothing to do with entrances ("turnstiles" or otherwise).  And that, in turn, was a Showground thing and nothing to do with Panthers. 

Same old, same old.......grab any stick that floats by and give Panthers a little whack, eh?  :rolleyes: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

hang on a minute were you at the same meeting as me I thought the meeting was garbage  how many genuine  passes were there , scoreline made the meeting look better  than it was , how was nicholls suppose to overtake anybody  when everytime he tried something different to the leader he went backwards ,

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hans fan said:

hang on a minute were you at the same meeting as me I thought the meeting was garbage  how many genuine  passes were there , scoreline made the meeting look better  than it was , how was nicholls suppose to overtake anybody  when everytime he tried something different to the leader he went backwards ,

It would be nice to have a NO1 who can gate and not have to rely on coming from the back in every race  , he's experienced enough to understand track conditions and how difficult it can be to have to come from the back but  seems to get caught in the same trap every time .

7 minutes ago, hans fan said:

Have to agree with you. No dirt on the track so anyone who tried the outside went further back. Apart from the odd heat, then it was first out of the gate. Definitely Heeps was their match winner after getting so much stick.

• Like 1

We always struggle at home when the track is a dustbowl..can't understand why they didn't water before heat 15 when u got our boys off 2 and 4. Scotty was busting a gut but there was nothing there. A little but worrying heading towards the play offs. Good to see Lunna mucking in in the pits.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

It would be nice to have a NO1 who can gate and not have to rely on coming from the back in every race  , he's experienced enough to understand track conditions and how difficult it can be to have to come from the back but  seems to get caught in the same trap every time .

everything is  about opinions  , the track was that slick and 5hit  ,even  top class riders would have struggled to pass on that track if they missed gate

• Like 1

Wasn't there so don't know, but normally

Nico does most of his work from the back, did he make lots of good start's today?

4 minutes ago, hans fan said:

everything is  about opinions  , the track was that slick and 5hit  ,even  top class riders would have struggled to pass on that track if they missed gate

It’s been coming for weeks, the track is in dire need of a makeover it’s just far too slick.

The team may like it like that but it makes for boring meetings especially if the Panthers are not competitive out of the starts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hans fan said:

Agree the track was very slick , but top class riders don't miss the gate 5 out of 5 . It's not the first time this season it has been slick and it does spoil entertainment value hopefully the management will try to address this as it's no good having a team of racers and have very little shale to race on.  Bradley Wilson Dean was also busting a gut and getting  nowhere. Perhaps they should take some gating lessons off Tom Bacon .

• Haha 1

Wasn’t this supposed to be a double header with Lakeside after it? What happened to that meeting?