British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Ipswich Sunday 5th August

5 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Wasn’t this supposed to be a double header with Lakeside after it? What happened to that meeting?

Lakeside changed their mind about agreeing to the date apparently

• Like 1

Lakeside should of ridden the match they would of won today.

Nicholls got 13 for Ipswich at Lakeside its normally slickish there he got out the gate there ok or was that because he had a witch on his chest.  Perhaps MPT should really be at 5 he is far better later in meeting if the pressures on in ht 13. 

Amazing what a rider can score when he hasn’t got someone trying to take him out. Nico could race without having to look over his shoulder at every turn.

Ipswich would’ve won this meeting if they had some reserves. 13+3 against 2+1 was the difference. Some good close racing and our top five was more than a match for Peterborough’s, but 2 points is better than none.

• Like 3

Good match and really enjoyed the close racing, but the reserve tally says it all. Ippo did it with a six man team, just imagine if Drew had been available....he would have just needed one point !

Looking at the gate I recognised loads of Mildenhall supporters (they weren't at home today), and when I'm at Mildenhall I usually see loads of Peterborough supporters... come on Peterborough promoters wake up, ride at a different time than your neighbours and you'll both get more through the gate.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PE7Panther said:

What turnstiles?  

It was a car-park issue; nothing to do with entrances ("turnstiles" or otherwise).  And that, in turn, was a Showground thing and nothing to do with Panthers. 

Same old, same old.......grab any stick that floats by and give Panthers a little whack, eh?  :rolleyes: 

He's only repeating what the loud bloke on the mic said (was bliss for 45 mins before the meeting. Can we have a power failure every week). He never mentioned car parking.

47 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Lakeside should of ridden the match they would of won today.

Nicholls got 13 for Ipswich at Lakeside its normally slickish there he got out the gate there ok or was that because he had a witch on his chest.  Perhaps MPT should really be at 5 he is far better later in meeting if the pressures on in ht 13. 

The second part is a ridiculous thing to suggest..on the whole he has been good for us but had a bad day at the office.

47 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

7 minutes ago, AntiqueSteve said:

Good match and really enjoyed the close racing, but the reserve tally says it all. Ippo did it with a six man team, just imagine if Drew had been available....he would have just needed one point !

Looking at the gate I recognised loads of Mildenhall supporters (they weren't at home today), and when I'm at Mildenhall I usually see loads of Peterborough supporters... come on Peterborough promoters wake up, ride at a different time than your neighbours and you'll both get more through the gate.

How do you see Peterborough fans at Mildenhall then?

3 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

He's only repeating what the loud bloke on the mic said (was bliss for 45 mins before the meeting. Can we have a power failure every week). He never mentioned car parking.

On carpark  grass area used there are two entrances one is unmanned thus a car was parked across it and  two people were handing out tickets at one entrance only , surely it would have made sense to have one attendant at each entry.

22 minutes ago, Bash said:

Amazing what a rider can score when he hasn’t got someone trying to take him out. Nico could race without having to look over his shoulder at every turn.

Ipswich would’ve won this meeting if they had some reserves. 13+3 against 2+1 was the difference. Some good close racing and our top five was more than a match for Peterborough’s, but 2 points is better than none.

I was suprised by Covatti too, usually garbage at the showground & can't stay on his bike.

7 minutes ago, Lukas said:

The second part is a ridiculous thing to suggest..on the whole he has been good for us but had a bad day at the office.

How many bad meetings has he had for Ipswich when guesting? 

6 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

On carpark  grass area used there are two entrances one is unmanned thus a car was parked across it and  two people were handing out tickets at one entrance only , surely it would have made sense to have one attendant at each entry.

I'm not interested in what happened and why. The point was that the bloke on the mic reported what beerhut said so why is that having a dig at Peterborough.

1 minute ago, Crump99 said:

I'm not interested in what happened and why. The point was that the bloke on the mic reported what beerhut said so why is that having a dig at Peterborough.

I think you are quoting the wrong person here,  i never suggested beerhut was wrong , I just stated a reason for the hold up that could and should be easily resolved

17 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

How many bad meetings has he had for Ipswich when guesting? 

If you were paid on performance I'd hazard a guess you would score as many points as you can to put cash in your own pocket. Riders don't really care who they ride for as they can quite easily get replaced, clubs have not an ounce of loyalty towards anybody !  He may have scored better for Ipswich recently but he has done a few laps around that place and is well known to be good at lakeside.  He is 40 years old, he won't put himself in situations where he will get into bother, that's why he isn't out injured or getting rode over. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Noodles said:

How do you see Peterborough fans at Mildenhall then?

...a little give away is the red tops with "Panthers" written accross the top....I also recognise quite a few, guess I've been a supporter for too long