British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Ipswich Sunday 5th August

I wasn't in a position to attend this meeting but was very pleasantly surprised by the result. Was expecting to get a thumping which didn't turn out to be the case. And as others have said with scoring reserves we might have gone one better. 

Also was expecting a backlash about comments from myself and others ref Mr Ostergaards riding tactics. 

Its amazing how much better Nico Covatti can be when he's not having to watch his back and can be confident of completing a full quota of laps without being shoved into the first available fence! 

What does Ostergaard have against Nico anyway? 

• Like 1

Excellent meeting IMO but I'm a neutral. 

That will bring me back to speedway after over 2 years away but a sunny Sunday afternoon at the showground can be more pleasurable that a weekday somewhere else. I left Arena on Friday before the end because it was boring - and my team were winning. I reckon newcomers would have enjoyed this meeting.

As for Scotty. He knows the Arena track well so when Panthers visit next expect a good score. But I won't be there.

Thanks also for holding up proceedings. Last minute decision and roadworks so I was late.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

The thing with the showground is the racing a lot of the time can be so good it makes an average meeting there look poor, when at other tracks that average meeting would be classed as a really good one. On its day the showground really can be one of ties world's best tracks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

The thing with the showground is the racing a lot of the time can be so good it makes an average meeting there look poor, when at other tracks that average meeting would be classed as a really good one. On its day the showground really can be one of ties world's best tracks.

For various reasons ~ one of which is Coventry usually riding on Sunday's ~ this was our first visit this season and I thought the racing was a lot poorer than it has normally been. It livened up towards the end and heat 12 was brilliant but otherwise mostly gate and go, although the scoreline kept it interesting. 

Edited by Gemini

That's sort of my point...some will say it was a great meeting, when it was average, cos they are used to watching mainly rubbish on other tracks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Super Blue said:

What does Ostergaard have against Nico anyway? 

And what has Danny King done to his team mates! 

51 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Don't you mean what have they done to him? Last year Greaves took him out and Haertel this year! 

Ostergaard has fenced Covatti on more than one occasion! 

43 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Some Ipswich fans are still harping on about a racing incident between Ostergaard   and  Covatti  that happened at the fours  final 2/3 years back  they actually think Ostergaard took Covatti  out exiting the second bend deliberately and don't see it as a racing incident . Then they make silly statements like  Covatti  was able to get a decent score at the showground because  Ostergaard  wasn't fit to race. Only idiots would make those sort of suggestions unless they can prove malice was intended.

• Like 1

IMO Scott Nicholls has looked nowhere near a number 1 all season.

So you didn't read the article in the Speedway Star what Nico said about the incident this season in the Championship Shield meeting, and the Peterborough Management stopping the Star contacting Ostergaard.

8 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

They are all racing incidents when it's your rider doing doing the damage NEP! 

Are you suggesting that Ostergaard  made a deliberate attempt to cause harm to your rider,  I don't think there are any riders that would purposely try to fence opposition riders , and quite frankly I find your accusation  sick that riders would attempt to do this to one another. You have to face the facts that riders are there to race and incidents will occur from time to time,  Nothing to do with being biased  towards any riders or teams .

When did speedway supporters become such snowflakes. Racing incidents have always happened and will continue to happen, even sometimes between team mates. That's the nature of the sport...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Are you suggesting that Ostergaard  made a deliberate attempt to cause harm to your rider,  I don't think there are any riders that would purposely try to fence opposition riders , and quite frankly I find your accusation  sick that riders would attempt to do this to one another. You have to face the facts that riders are there to race and incidents will occur from time to time,  Nothing to do with being biased  towards any riders or teams .

Ostergaard only falls marginally short of Mr Pedersen in my book when it comes to win any cost , last year he seemed to make a b line for Covatti as well in one of the meetings between the teams! 

I'm obviously not the only one with this opinion or others wouldn't have mentioned it. 

But hey, it's all about opinions and ours differ. 

Oystercard also threw himself at the fence in that accident..so I doubt he meant to purposely do it, although he did mean to stop nico run around him, and got it wrong. Oystercard does seem to like blocking runs without leaving his opponent racing room, but as most riders say..what goes around comes around.