British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Ipswich Sunday 5th August

2 hours ago, Bash said:

So you didn't read the article in the Speedway Star what Nico said about the incident this season in the Championship Shield meeting, and the Peterborough Management stopping the Star contacting Ostergaard.

If I wanted to buy a comic I would buy the beano other than that other than that if Covatti  has a problem with Ostergaard's  riding he should keep it in house not go running to the press and Peterborough  management are correct by not allowing Ostergaard to respond  to the speedway soap magazine it's not the way to do things.

3 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Some Ipswich fans are still harping on about a racing incident between Ostergaard   and  Covatti  that happened at the fours  final 2/3 years back  they actually think Ostergaard took Covatti  out exiting the second bend deliberately and don't see it as a racing incident . Then they make silly statements like  Covatti  was able to get a decent score at the showground because  Ostergaard  wasn't fit to race. Only idiots would make those sort of suggestions unless they can prove malice was intended.

Go back twenty years and the incidents with Ronni Pedersen and idiotic Ben Howe. All caused because Howe thought, wrongly, that Pedersen had brought off Jem Doncaster. It only came out sometime later that Jem had spoken to Ronni the next day to say that the crash was due to Pedersen's bike lifting and it wasn't malicious. Shame he didn't say it at the time though.

You don't take other riders out on purpose, as you're just as likely to get injured yourself: just ask Ully 

29 minutes ago, crazyb said:

Go back twenty years and the incidents with Ronni Pedersen and idiotic Ben Howe. All caused because Howe thought, wrongly, that Pedersen had brought off Jem Doncaster. It only came out sometime later that Jem had spoken to Ronni the next day to say that the crash was due to Pedersen's bike lifting and it wasn't malicious. Shame he didn't say it at the time though.

You don't take other riders out on purpose, as you're just as likely to get injured yourself: just ask Ully 

Now ... The fencing of Petersen by Howe WAS a malicious act.

Without doubt the most obvious one I have seen in well over 40 years!!

4 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

From the sounds of things Heeps wipes out Mcdonalds most weeks

Can't argue with that one! 

17 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Are you suggesting that Ostergaard  made a deliberate attempt to cause harm to your rider,  I don't think there are any riders that would purposely try to fence opposition riders , and quite frankly I find your accusation  sick that riders would attempt to do this to one another. You have to face the facts that riders are there to race and incidents will occur from time to time,  Nothing to do with being biased  towards any riders or teams .

Many years ago Ben Howe fenced Ronnie Pedersen by carrying straight on the first bend and not turning left 1 inch. That was 100% definite

sorry just seen that this incident has been posted before

Edited by Panthers70

6 hours ago, Panthers70 said:

Many years ago Ben Howe fenced Ronnie Pedersen by carrying straight on the first bend and not turning left 1 inch. That was 100% definite

sorry just seen that this incident has been posted before

Pedersen had a bit of his own medicine then.

twice as nuts as his brother Nicki, with not even a tenth as much talent.

• Like 2

You weren't there though were you? Ronni Pedersen's trouble was his confidence exceeded his ability, but I don't think he ever deliberately fenced or otherwise impeded another rider. Ben Howe, on the other hand deliberately used his bike as a weapon, forcing Ronni to collide with the fence. I don't understand, to this day why he didn't receive a ban. Speedway is dangerous enough without idiots like him being allowed to act in such a way.

Read it again! It was the deliberate nature of Howe's action that was unforgiveable.  Ronni Pedersen was, to my best memory an awkward rider, and he was certainly guilty of some unacceptable moves, but I don't believe he was ever guilty of deliberate foul riding. 

I'm saying nicki is always fencing people but never gets a ban. And we know he does it deliberately 

When was the last time u saw Nicki fence anyone?...how about Doyle and Zmarzlik?...no one says FA about them.

Is the "Danish lift" taught in the training schools over there?

Even the mild mannered ones like Morten suffer with that

• Haha 1