British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Ipswich Sunday 5th August

Nothing like dragging up the past...I thought it was Leigh Lanham that didn't come out for that race though:P

15 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Wonderful to watch in full flow but equally frustrating when it wasnt going so well

Ipswich have had a few of them over the years ....

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Nothing like dragging up the past...I thought it was Leigh Lanham that didn't come out for that race though:P

Sorry you don't like to hear the truth, but others that maybe new to the sport might be interested to know just what happened that night.

That was a memorable meeting - for the wrong reasons in some respects - but I would swap the speedway served up then for the sanitised, present day offering any day of the week!

9 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Sorry you don't like to hear the truth, but others that maybe new to the sport might be interested to know just what happened that night.

I don't mind the the truth...his name is Leigh Lanham.

As for what you lot are going on about, you still remember it, we need more things in speedway that people will remember 20 odd years down the line.

The sport needs a good punch up or fencing to get people talking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I don't mind the the truth...his name is Leigh Lanham.

As for what you lot are going on about, you still remember it, we need more things in speedway that people will remember 20 odd years down the line.

The sport needs a good punch up or fencing to get people talking.

Yes you are correct  his first name is Leigh I should have known that but at least I didn't spell it the Chinese way Lei.     On the subject of Dave Gooderham  when arrived at Peterborough everyone thought he was a top notch signing , although he looked a quality rider I don't think he did as well as people were expecting and I think this was mainly down to inferior equipment he was riding I know he had an insurance company sponsor him when he rode for Ipswich and I believe they did not wish to sponsor him at Peterborough , maybe they owned his bikes and in them days the then Panthers promoter the late Danny Dunton  did very little with regards helping to get rider sponsorship deals and lost out on a few riders because of this, for instance Robbie Blackadder was on the cards  to sign for Panthers only to be told when asked about transport no we will not be supplying a van you'll have to get your own.

15 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Yes you are correct  his first name is Leigh I should have known that but at least I didn't spell it the Chinese way Lei.     On the subject of Dave Gooderham  when arrived at Peterborough everyone thought he was a top notch signing , although he looked a quality rider I don't think he did as well as people were expecting and I think this was mainly down to inferior equipment he was riding I know he had an insurance company sponsor him when he rode for Ipswich and I believe they did not wish to sponsor him at Peterborough , maybe they owned his bikes and in them days the then Panthers promoter the late Danny Dunton  did very little with regards helping to get rider sponsorship deals and lost out on a few riders because of this, for instance Robbie Blackadder was on the cards  to sign for Panthers only to be told when asked about transport no we will not be supplying a van you'll have to get your own.

Would sooner have had Edmund Blackadder.

Not many had vans then, used to be a bike rack on the back of a Cortina

9 hours ago, crazyb said:

Would sooner have had Edmund Blackadder.

Not many had vans then, used to be a bike rack on the back of a Cortina

would love to have seen 2 bikes on the back of a dustbin .