British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Argos

Birmingham v Kent

Any update on Callum Walkers “Sickness Bug”  that hebsuffered after  Flint had is accident,as this will have an effect on the result, Although I’m sure  he will be asked to remain “Sick” to allow Bossman to book a ringer for Flint 

Guest GiveusaB

Personally, I'm hoping for a couple of new signings this week? Carr/Embleton ?

However, I think Carr will struggle for a couple of weeks, till he blows the cobwebs off ?

You can't just turn up and ride these days....you've got to add the 'physical fitness' regime in to your preparation if you want to have any chance of being successful.!

Guest GiveusaB

Brummies Forum ....'Embleton' signed in time for Wednesday !:D

About time imo!

12 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Brummies Forum ....'Embleton' signed in time for Wednesday !:D

About time imo!

Replacing Sealey or Butcher?

Guest GiveusaB
10 minutes ago, iand said:

Replacing Sealey or Butcher?

Sealey replaced Butcher....now Embleton has replaced Sealey!

Our other reserve is 'Sheldon Davies'.

Update from club website :-

BIRMINGHAM have added Josh Embleton to their ranks - and boss Laurence Rogers is backing him to make an impression at reserve.

The 22-year-old replaces Jamie Sealey and will make his debut in Wednesday’s Perry Barr clash with Kent (August 8, 7.30).

Embleton had a brief spell with Stoke but left the Loomer Road club last week.

And boss Rogers admits the Brummies moved quickly after discovering that news.

“Jamie had not long come back from nine weeks off the bike and he’s still struggling,” Rogers said.

“That was evident in his riding and I think it will be a while before he is properly match fit again.

“We were looking at making another change down at reserve and as soon as we heard Josh had left Stoke, David (Mason - co-owner) and I wasted no time in contacting him.

“Josh is a rider who has made steady progress, particularly in the last 12 months, and if he can settle somewhere then I think he has got the potential to go quite far.

“Hopefully that will be with Birmingham and we’re hopeful that he can make a bit of a difference down at reserve.

“He’s an asset of Championship side Newcastle and their promoter George English is a wily, shrewd character so that says something about Josh in itself.

“He’s already ridden at Perry Barr once this season and scored four paid six while guesting for the Isle of Wight.

“So we are quietly confident he can build on that and more importantly we think he and Sheldon (Davies) can form a good partnership at reserve.

“Sheldon has got a lot of spirit and a lot of promise and if Josh can come in and just do his best then I think those two could work really well together at six and seven.” 

Guest GiveusaB

Josh rode well for IOW back in May and should've been signed straight after that meeting, especially after learning that he was a free agent at the time...way better than Butcher/Sealey/Davies (no disrespect intended).

Good luck and welcome to the 'Brummies' Josh !

So Walkers is still suffering from is “Sickness  bug” and it’s a guest for Flint, Bossman must think the Fans are idiots.

Guest GiveusaB
48 minutes ago, Argos said:

So Walkers is still suffering from is “Sickness  bug” and it’s a guest for Flint, Bossman must think the Fans are idiots.

No disrespect to Callum and hoping he starts to feel better soon, but from a team strength point of view, it's the best that could happen for us.

However, I can't stick Danny Ayres (guesting tomorrow)!

Ben Morley on Sunday gets my vote!

Guest GiveusaB

Will Kent be allowed a guest rider for Boxall ? I hope so, otherwise it could be a one sided affair, especially with Stoneman ruled out also?

4 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Will Kent be allowed a guest rider for Boxall ? I hope so, otherwise it could be a one sided affair, especially with Stoneman ruled out also?

Ellis Perks i believe.   Losing Stoneman is a big blow to Kents hopes of getting a result at Brum he was bang on form.  

Guest GiveusaB
24 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

Ellis Perks i believe.   Losing Stoneman is a big blow to Kents hopes of getting a result at Brum he was bang on form.  

Blimey, that's 3 weeks on the bounce 'Perks' appearing at Brum!?

Not the best choice of guest imo.....

Yes, Stoneman's loss will be a massive blow !

Brummies bring in Drew Kemp

Birmingham Tom Bacon, Callum Walker R/R, Drew Kemp, Dan Greenwood, James Shanes, Sheldon Davies, Josh Embleton, Tom Spencer (No.8).

KENT: Ellis Perks, Taylor Hampshire, Anders Rowe, Nathan Stoneman R/R, Jack Thomas, Jamie Couzins, Alex Spooner.