British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Argos

Birmingham v Kent

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so,  could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number. 

Thanks 

Guest GiveusaB

I'm predicting a last heat decider, although the acquisition of Drew Kemp will swing this one in our favour imo !

Exciting !

25 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I'm predicting a last heat decider, although the acquisition of Drew Kemp will swing this one in our favour imo !

Exciting !

Id like to think your prediction is wrong, but i have to agree especially  with a top 3 like that .  Even Cradley couldn't have picked a better heat leader trio!  

I think this has the potential to be a mauling if I am honest, apart from heat 2 and 8 Brum will have at least 1 heat leader in every race.

Thomas should be good for around 12-15 points, The engine room of Rowe and Hampshire have performed above and beyond this season, but 6 rides against tougher riders away from home is a big ask, something I have every faith they can do but don't want to put any pressure of expectation on them for this.

The reserves match up quite well, Spooner has been great and picked up points not expected of him and Couzins looked far better then many reserves in his appearance for Kent Monday.

That leaves Perks who on Monday looked sensational and dare I say too good for the league. He interacted with the Kent fans well Monday as all his wins were applauded generously, so hopefully he will be 100 percent committed tonight. Kent have had very limited luck with guest number 1s over the years. 

Not seen a forecast but hope weather is set fair for the number of fans travelling up. 

With so much talent on either side a bit of rub of the green either way could swing this. The Kent boys have risen to everything thrown at them recently, and with so many young heads, Jack Thomas himself no veteran has galvanised the team unit and the composure of everyone has been a joy to watch. 

Gutted I can't go myself as whatever the score, with the riders on show there will be some entertaining racing pretty much garunteed. As a Kent fan if you offered me a league point now, I would take that and stick it in the bank.

• Like 2

Guest GiveusaB

It's never easy when you're hoping and relying on 3 'big' hitters as opposed to a nicely balanced side like Kent have!

Rowe/Hampshire/Spooner are all capable of out scoring their counterparts....

Thomas/Perks are capable of beating our top 3 if they get the gate ?

I think this has the makings of 'meeting' of the season ! (if it doesn't rain?) :t:

On form and on paper this looks like a good night for the Brummies with a prolific heat leader trio that have the very real threat of all scoring maximums. For Kent to keep in the running its important to avoid any last places and pick up spoils when they come their way. Greenwood has been patchy so far and RR for Walker is unlikely to return much whereas RR for Stoneman should be respectable. Could be one of those nights where a dodgy decision or bit of controversy swings it either way.

20 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

On form and on paper this looks like a good night for the Brummies with a prolific heat leader trio that have the very real threat of all scoring maximums. For Kent to keep in the running its important to avoid any last places and pick up spoils when they come their way. Greenwood has been patchy so far and RR for Walker is unlikely to return much whereas RR for Stoneman should be respectable. Could be one of those nights where a dodgy decision or bit of controversy swings it either way.

No controversary plz.

Best wishes to Callum Walker who's sudden sickness bug has now turned into a nasty longer term issue that may take weeks to recover from.....bet he wishes he just had a badly kicked shin now :D 

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Best wishes to Callum Walker who's sudden sickness bug has now turned into a nasty longer term issue that may take weeks to recover from.....bet he wishes he just had a badly kicked shin now :D 

I’m sure he’ll get better when Flint is fit,

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, ellioth4 said:

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so,  could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number. 

Thanks 

We are still looking for a texter, if anyone can support, please let me know.

Thanks

23 hours ago, flipper11 said:

Ellis Perks i believe...

He was here last week. Doesn't the 7-day rule apply any more?

4 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

I think this has the potential to be a mauling if I am honest, apart from heat 2 and 8 Brum will have at least 1 heat leader in every race.

Plenty of 3-3's then? Could be an expensive night for bonus points.

Edited by uk_martin

Guest GiveusaB
32 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

He was here last week. Doesn't the 7-day rule apply any more?

He wasn't guesting last week and neither the week before (with Plymouth)? 

He's an official 'Heathen ringer' ! :D

Edited by GiveusaB

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Will find out if he is just missing due to being banned (does the 7 day suspension for being ill apply in the national league?) or if he is still ill at the next Birmingham meeting.:cheers: