British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevebrum

Wolves v Leicester 6/8/18

Top 2 of hans and Scott 5 between them , isn't going to to trouble anyone, top scorer guest reserve.Leicester team looks awful.

35 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Top 2 of hans and Scott 5 between them , isn't going to to trouble anyone, top scorer guest reserve.Leicester team looks awful.

Both are very solid riders normally as there averages show.   Hans isn't going well anywhere at the moment, for some reason he's out of form.    Scott is normally very reliable but poor tonight.     They don't ride poorly on purpose.

13 hours ago, Gemini said:

1] Yes easily. 2] 50 something 30 something. 

Pretty good prediction, but then it's easy to predict Leicester's expected results. :wink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark said:

Both are very solid riders normally as there averages show.   Hans isn't going well anywhere at the moment, for some reason he's out of form.    Scott is normally very reliable but poor tonight.     They don't ride poorly on purpose.

Andersen probably protecting his average for next season!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mark said:

You don`t honestly believe that do you.

Andersen and Nicholls in average manipulation mode to make their averages more attractive for next season?

The usual collapse of the Lions team last night. Having watched this meeting, the start was impressive.  To be fair five of the guys did  make a fist of it. Howe did  his job well. Wells, Wright and the unlucky Robbo certainly made good contributions. Connor Mountain took a well earned point in his reserve ride and possibly would have done even more if he had not bowed out to his more senior partners in heats with Wells and Nicholls. . The two other 'stars' of the Leicester set up are unbelievable poor. They seem to turn up for their wage packets without a thought for the supporters or team . Perhaps they realise that they are both no where near heat leaders anymore and take the soft option in all the teams they turn up to take money from in the uk and abroad. Lastly, the support there last night, seem to take this for granted in a very subdued fashion.  Come on Leicester, you're better than serving this up on a weekly basis.youve made so many changes, see where the real problem lies.

1 hour ago, Fundinfan said:

Come on Leicester, you're better than serving this up on a weekly basis.youve made so many changes, see where the real problem lies.

I don't think they know, hence all the changes that unfortunately haven't worked so far. :cry:

6 hours ago, screm said:

You don`t honestly believe that do you.

What part do I not believe ?    

5 hours ago, Mark said:

What part do I not believe ?    

Riders have poor nights on purpose, manipulating their average to keep their job safe and earn reasonable money in doing so.

2 minutes ago, screm said:

Riders have poor nights on purpose, manipulating their average to keep their job safe and earn reasonable money in doing so.

That I do not believe to be the case for Andersen or Nicholls.       The former can't score a point anywhere at the moment which is unlike him.  

I find it quite remarkable that suggestions of riders such as Andersen & Nicholls would score poorly on purpose!  Anybody with an ounce of sense of common sense would know these both give 100% and any rider will and does go through rough patches. Scott is on the verge of becoming a second string and as I stated somewhere else he won't put himself in situations that is going to cause him bother, that's why he goes season after season not being injured. At 40 he isn't what he used to be, but still pops in the odd ride that up with the best. 

10 minutes ago, Coventry_Bee said:

I find it quite remarkable that suggestions of riders such as Andersen & Nicholls would score poorly on purpose!  Anybody with an ounce of sense of common sense would know these both give 100% and any rider will and does go through rough patches. Scott is on the verge of becoming a second string and as I stated somewhere else he won't put himself in situations that is going to cause him bother, that's why he goes season after season not being injured. At 40 he isn't what he used to be, but still pops in the odd ride that up with the best. 

A second string? In this league? Scott won’t be that before he’s fifty!

44 minutes ago, Mark said:

That I do not believe to be the case for Andersen or Nicholls.       The former can't score a point anywhere at the moment which is unlike him.  

....and he's continuing that trend in Sweden tonight!!