British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badge

Witches v Bandits 9th August

Try as I might i can't find an optimistic weather forecast anywhere for tomorrow , it's certainly not looking good to for seeing some speedway 2 weeks in a row .

Mind you , that's pat for the course  this season anyway !

I was going to say that this is another must win meeting with the added requirement of zero points for Berwick, however if the BBC seaweed service is to be believed then the weather is going to win.

Anyway, we live in hope.

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

They are all must win now, and we still need more away points or hope another team drops a couple.

You're probably correct, however I think Workington still have ten meetings and Edinburgh nine to fit in before the cut off date. That feels quite a challenge particularly if the weather deteriorates in the north.

Anyone know when the cut off is?

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Cut off I think is Sept 9th

So, that''s a meeting every three days for Workington and every three and a half for Edinburgh and that's without rain off's.

Challenging!

So worky had all meetings arranged...then they were told to cancel those meetings and re arrange, think that's a bit off if they are not given extra time.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

So worky had all meetings arranged...then they were told to cancel those meetings and re arrange, think that's a bit off if they are not given extra time.

As much as it could benefit us I fully agree Baldy

I wouldnt want to qualify just because others hadnt been given a fair chance to complete their fixtures

Well, it's raining already in Ipswich and if the forecast is even remotely accurate I'd be surprised if its not called off by lunchtime ! 

Edited by Super Blue

30 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

Well, it's raining already in Ipswich and if the forecast is even remotely accurate I'd be surprised if its not called off by lunchtime ! 

Berwick are bringing their covers with them:P

10 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Agree,but own interests come first in Speedway,in the best interests of the Sport of course.!

Having just listened to Ms Kirkwood, I can't see this happening.

Her prediction is heavy rain all afternoon.