British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hyabb17

Swindon vs Leicester 08/08/18

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

He is a rider making great strides last year he had a terrible spleen injury so this year it has taken him time to get to the form that he wanted.He is a rider who should be in Swindon's plans for the next five years and i would hate for us to do all the groundwork with Zach then for someone else to get the just rewards.Zach,Rowe,Nielsen are all riders who hopefully have a future at Swindon but come the play/offs if we get there i would fancy Zach at home against most reserves i really enjoy watching Zach making progress everyweek.

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

A routine home win for the Robins but there still looks a vulnerable look to the side.Adam,Zach,Tobi, David were all really solid.The track held up ok in the end and seeing that the meeting did not start until after 8 the meeting was pushed through pretty promptly.For Leicester Hans ( when he rolled and gated) was decent Scott was great value Dave Howe was very good always in the mix they all did well.Also though he didn't score many points i thought  Connor Mountain for a NL rider was always on the pace and being at number six against the likes of Bellego,Ellis,Musielak was difficult i think the lad can make progress.

Nice posts, Sidney. Thanks for those. Good to see someone actually making some comments on last night's meeting instead of all the other crap.

• Like 3

Hans has tweeted this morning praising the track staff for all the work they did & managed to serve up a good race track. Good work by all considering the amount of rain which came down around 5.30ish...

• Like 2

I was there last night (as I always am) and I would like to give credit to the track staff, riders and particularly Rosco (who we trust). A good performance. 

• Haha 1

After the delay due to the track needing some work on it some of the racing was very good, far better than the score suggests, a good performance from the team but especially from the pairing of Adam and Tobi, and the performance from Zach.   

David Bellego had a good meeting scoring 9 from 4 rides, so that is one in the eye for one poster who has been rubbishing him.

Hans and Scott rode well for Leicester and made some of the heats enjoyable.

The points of the top 5 teams in the league are very close so we just need to keep doing well to get to the playoffs   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

After the delay due to the track needing some work on it some of the racing was very good, far better than the score suggests, a good performance from the team but especially from the pairing of Adam and Tobi, and the performance from Zach.   

David Bellego had a good meeting scoring 9 from 4 rides, so that is one in the eye for one poster who has been rubbishing him.

The points of the top 5 teams in the league are very close so we just need to keep doing well to get to the playoffs   

We have a better home record than Belle Vue and a better away record than Wolves, so no reason why we can't qualify if we keep winning at home. Very tight though.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Brilliant against sub standard opposition 

Left Andersen for dead last night as he may well do to your reserves when you come to the Abbey. He's one of the top riders in his age range & I'm glad that the Robins bought him as an asset. He will be a great rider in the future & I'm more than happy with him as a reserve.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

Was crowd down on the meeting 2 weeks ago in the blazing heat?

French Dave Tobi Zach and Adam are going great at mo, just need to get Morra winning some races to reach playoffs.

5 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

French Dave Tobi Zach and Adam are going great at mo, just need to get Morra winning some races to reach playoffs.

Morra will be fine for the play offs - should Swindon finish in top 4

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

It was down but only by a small number which was not a surprise due to the thought that the meeting would not be good but they actually missed some good races 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

Hans has tweeted this morning praising the track staff for all the work they did & managed to serve up a good race track. Good work by all considering the amount of rain which came down around 5.30ish...

That's always good to hear :t: