British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hyabb17

Swindon vs Leicester 08/08/18

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

After the farce of the track a couple of weeks ago, you would have thought the management would have had it put right.

Absolutely hosed it down at 5 for a good half hour. Its gash most weeks for no reason but they do have one tonight.

Edited by thecoombdog
  • Haha 1

Fair enough. Fingers crossed it goes ahead.

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

After the farce of the track a couple of weeks ago, you would have thought the management would have had it put right.

“Management” that’s a contradiction in terms when applied to Swindon. How many years ago did they have the Final Abbey Stadium match? How long have they had a pile of steel waiting to be erected in the “new stadium”? How long have they been telling porkies to their supporters? It goes on and on and on and on...... 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yawn!

3 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Yawn!

Yep. That’s what Swindon fans are currently doing at Blunsdon. Mind you they even do that when the bikes are “racing”. :lol:

28 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yep. That’s what Swindon fans are currently doing at Blunsdon. Mind you they even do that when the bikes are “racing”. :lol:

Only when Poole are the visitors!

• Like 1

How about people staying on topic, there's a thread for the new stadium if Poole feel the need to comment.

6 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Zach is such a brilliant rider, so glad we’ve a rider like that in our ranks 

Brilliant against sub standard opposition 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Brilliant against sub standard opposition 

He's beaten some good riders at home this season. Don't expect that of him away so hes more than done his job

9 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

He's beaten some good riders at home this season. Don't expect that of him away so hes more than done his job

Most riders beat good riders now and again especially at home, i think brilliant is a bit ott especially when you're riding against the worst team in the league 

Edited by foreverblue

18 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Most riders beat good riders now and again especially at home, i think brilliant is a bit ott especially when you're riding against the worst team in the league 

The kid is English & 20 years old...unlike other teams we’ve stuck with a young English rider & he’s repaying us, the same can be said about Ellis....remind me who you follow again? 

9 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

The kid is English & 20 years old...unlike other teams we’ve stuck with a young English rider & he’s repaying us, the same can be said about Ellis....remind me who you follow again? 

I i agree he has done well, just saying its a bit ott saying he's brilliant against Leicester and highly unlikely to beat Poole's reserves

Edited by foreverblue

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

I i agree he has done well, just saying its a bit ott saying he's brilliant against Leicester. 

Agree he scored well tonight. He beat Howe, Mountain, Robson, Wright. Not exactly high class opposition to call it a brilliant performance, but not bad.

• Like 1