British Speedway Forum
DC2

Swindon v Belle Vue 16 August

57 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Can't see Poole winning at Somerset. 

Going to be tough but I never saw belle Vue winning there either.

51 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

Cooks been averaging  around 11 from 5 at Swindon for a while now, even when Doyle was at Swindon?

How do you work that out ? He scored 27 from his last 16 rides over the last two seasons .that is less than 8 also Doyle never rode in all thous meetings .as a rule cook never been all that good round the Abbey. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, orion said:

How do you work that out ? He scored 27 from his last 16 rides over the last two seasons .that is less than 8 also Doyle never rode in all thous meetings .as a rule cook never been all that good round the Abbey. 

Better to quote the true facts instead of making them up. That’s a poor performance from a number one so it looks like Belle Vue benefitted having a guest for Cook.

Such a shame that Cook's Glasgow meeting at Ipswich was rained off!!  Still it gave Kurtz an extra Abbey run-out before the Bank Holiday Monday fixture:t:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Uess Craig has been a guest then his last three visits to the Abbey were 9+2/5, 8/4 & 9/4 giving 8.62. 

Kurtz averaged 8.80 so we benefited by 0.18. 

Quite how that small amount effects us getting four points I’m not sure?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ouch said:

Uess Craig has been a guest then his last three visits to the Abbey were 9+2/5, 8/4 & 9/4 giving 8.62. 

Kurtz averaged 8.80 so we benefited by 0.18. 

Quite how that small amount effects us getting four points I’m not sure?

As SteveBrum said, better to quote the facts, it just depends on which facts you choose. :D In any event Craig was in excellent form at Somerset the previous night and that is probably as a good a guide as previous historical performances.

Edited by Aces51

Well done BV, they wanted the win and our team did not.  Why can some of the home team not ride our track, is it because it changes every week in they way it is prepared.  I heard that Ronnie had been working on the track all week but last night there was still an issue with bend 1, and why were most of our team left behind at the gate ?

We have two tough meetings next week and only two more at home, unfortunately one against BV again and one against Poole, and if we ride like we did last night we will not get to the playoffs. 

If there is no rule against it Rosco needs to get the whole team practicing on the track after the dog racing, which finishes at 2pm, on the day we race Poole and the same in the morning on the thurs when we race BV.

Edited by A ORLOV

2 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

?

Cooks scores riding for Belle Vue at Swindon 2017/2018: 9 from 4, 8 from 4, 9+2 from 5.

Here, I know you're a bit unlucky when it comes to sums so I'll help. 9+8+9+2=28 points (are you still with me? Lol!) 4+4+5=13 rides. 28/13 X 5=10.77 or to put it another way Cooks been averaging  around 11 from 5 at Swindon for a while now, even when Doyle was at Swindon?

The monmore (aka horror track) troll trolling again. Can't you just go away.

Where's bagpuss when the proper forum troll gets going?

Arithmetic is off - you multiply by 4 not 5 for an average so your answer should have been 8.62. BUT, CMAs ignore bonus points so correct calculation is 26/13 x 4 = 8.00. 

Now recalculate BK on the same basis for a true comparison. 

11 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Arithmetic is off - you multiply by 4 not 5 for an average so your answer should have been 8.62. BUT, CMAs ignore bonus points so correct calculation is 26/13 x 4 = 8.00. 

Now recalculate BK on the same basis for a true comparison. 

The discussion was comparing Kurtz's score last night, 11 from 5 rides with Cook's likely score. It was no doubt for that reason that his average was calculated over 5 rides to give a direct comparison. If you discount the bonus points Cook's average is 10, so not much in it either way.

Edited by Aces51

2 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

?

Cooks scores riding for Belle Vue at Swindon 2017/2018: 9 from 4, 8 from 4, 9+2 from 5.

Here, I know you're a bit unlucky when it comes to sums so I'll help. 9+8+9+2=28 points (are you still with me? Lol!) 4+4+5=13 rides. 28/13 X 5=10.77 or to put it another way Cooks been averaging  around 11 from 5 at Swindon for a while now, even when Doyle was at Swindon?

The monmore (aka horror track) troll trolling again. Can't you just go away.

Where's bagpuss when the proper forum troll gets going?

in fairness I miss the non league match at the start of the season ..there is no such thing as 11 from 5 it's 8.62 as your guessing  what he would have scored  if had ridden in  each heat 15 rather than just the one .

I Rather go over a longer period than 3 matches and if you take say his last 6 it's lot worst than 8.62 .

Anyone seen DC2??

I do hope he’s ok after the Robins were shot down.....yet again....oh dear those wheels have really fallen off DC2.....glug glug glug

p.s.  How does it feel holding the mighty Pirates up....hahahaha hahahaha 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

Thanks for clearing up what you misunderstood.

No worries ..I happy to help you understand how you work out cma's 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

Thanks, what has that got to do with cooks five ride average over the last two seasons at Swindon?

Nothing as there no such thing as a five ride average ..its work out per ride x 4 .Cook average is 8.62 for the last 4 meetings  ..if you used the last two seasons 2017 and 2016 it's even worst 

• Like 1