British Speedway Forum
DC2

Swindon v Belle Vue 16 August

PERHAPS if Cook did say he would ride for Glasgow and not Belle Vue it was because he had given up on the aces ever getting to the play/offs after losing at home and then losing at Leicester where they were odds on for a  win

37 minutes ago, orion said:

Always the victims 

And always a conspiracy theory.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

IF Ipswich is called OFF   (its raining heavy in Easy Anglia)   can riders divert to Swindon if its still ON  ??

Yes there is a precedent for that.

What’s the weather like near the stadium I’ll be heading there after work in Milton Keynes as the forecast looks promising for tonight 

27 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes there is a precedent for that.

I don't think such a change to revert to your own double-up riders due to the other fixture being cancelled on match day is permitted, once their replacement guest have been declared on match day.

Can you provided details of the precedent you refer to?

Swindon has been dry and sunny with a decent breeze since about 11am so racing should be ok providing what rain we had early this morning drained away ok which it should have done.  

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

Agree with that as Zach is going very well, but if Dimitri goes well he could get seven rides if any BV rider is having an off night.

Yes but those rides will be against Zach or one of our top 5, who I'm sure can live with him. He didn't score well at Somerset last night.

1 hour ago, cyclone said:

I don't think such a change to revert to your own double-up riders due to the other fixture being cancelled on match day is permitted, once their replacement guest have been declared on match day.

Can you provided details of the precedent you refer to?

No I can't but I am sure I remember riders switching meetings after a rain off in the past but it could be different because guests are involved and it could be deemed unfair on them.

59 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

Yes, famously a wolves rider managed to get to Belle Vue when he was originally meant to be unavailable. He didn't bother riding but he did enjoy a free carvery meal in the Peter Craven Suite while watching his team mates lose.

How good are the carvery meals at Swindon?

Bet he was cut  up about that 

• Haha 1

I,m not saying the Cook situation is right but a similar thing happened at Workington last week Dan Bewley riding in Poland, r/r facility used, then on Sunday two riders riding in Poland no facility granted but luckily it was rained off.

This Saturday Dan Bewley missing again riding for Britain against Denmark.

2 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

Yes, famously a wolves rider managed to get to Belle Vue when he was originally meant to be unavailable. He didn't bother riding but he did enjoy a free carvery meal in the Peter Craven Suite while watching his team mates lose.

How good are the carvery meals at Swindon?

Excellent but the Toby Carvery is 2 miles from track!

We need Berge to wind his neck I If he wants a team place next year!  :)