British Speedway Forum
g13webb

King's Lynn v Belle Vue 08-08-2018

2 hours ago, Danny Connor said:

Don’t know what meeting you was at buddy! But your team rode well tonight and deserved a point! As a lynn fan I won’t cry over that too much though. Your number 7 and number 4 cost you. Not the ref. 

Yes we deserved a point as the score should have been 47-43, yes Tungate and Drozdz let us down but if the referee can’t do a simple thing like declare the result of 2 races correctly, a Kings Lynn fan (Bagpuss) and a neutral have both said they were declared wrong. The DVD should be sent to the SCB, the score won’t be amended now but there should be a statement about Tony Steele performance and should be removed from officiating.

Cannot see why Drodz has been kept, apart from the odd decent ride he has been absolute garbage.

11 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Cannot see why Drodz has been kept, apart from the odd decent ride he has been absolute garbage.

Yes I said all along it should have been him not Etheridge that was replaced. Hopefully tonight will be the final straw and he will be replaced before Monday.

At least with Etheridge he will probably be a steady UK based rider for the next few years, Drodz just seems a waste of time in all aspects to be honest.

most managers would of booted him out a long time ago.

Sitting in the Royal Box as per usual,  we were so assured of heat 1 result we filled in the program before the result was announced.   Such to our amazement,   it really did make a mess of the program having to change it all.   Even when considering our position, there was no denying BV had got off to a flying start by securing  a 5-1.   Riss had battled hard,  but no way did he get that second place.      We weren't to know how important that decision would be,  but when a  meeting is that close , there was always be repercussions of a bad decision. 

Strange meeting, that I thoroughly enjoyed.   It seemed wrong that we were always leading, when for long periods,  I thought Lynn were second best.   Friske, Cook and Bewley  were all on it and scoring points for fun while we were picking up  the oddments.  New man, Erik Riss was a revelation with his battling attitude and his  lay down styling from his 'Long Tack' days.   He will be a tremendous asset in the weeks ahead..  Our top men Lambert and Niels appeared down on pace,  missing the gate and playing catch-up all the time.   Heat 11 was a real wake-up call.   With Friske and Cookie  hitting home  with an easy  5-1 against out top man. The writing was on the wall, now only 2 points in it with  4 races to go.

As in many previous meetings this year,   when we come to the business end, our top two riders rise to the top.  Going into the last race we only needed 2pts to be assured of victory.  When Niels made the gate and Robert tucked in behind,    for the first time all night we knew we had won.   Friske battled all the way  and nicked 2nd on the line.  only for the ref again to make another dubious call.      Obviously pleased we had won, but felt sorry for BV who had battled hard all night and deserved a point at least.   This was  a tough meeting, watched by the biggest crowd of the season.   We are now well in contention for them PO places.    If all the riders can hit form on the same day we are capable of beating anybody.

Whose next ????  

• Thanks 1

That was pretty much how it was for me Mr Webb.  The excitement rose for me after the comeback on Monday at the NSS and with the signing of Eric Riss. Of course, as a Lambo fan, I was dismayed after his first two rides and even Niels looked off-colour in the early heats. An exciting see-saw meeting where to some huge extent my mojo returned. Well done the KLS promotion ( I know you will be surprised at that Trees! ) and my bum is firmly ( but painfully ) back on my seat. A superb home debut Eric!  An 8/10 meeting for me.

• Like 2

That Tony Steele I went right off him when he came out with The Little White Bull.  :rofl:

• Like 1

Agree with the above, Belle Vue deserved a point if not more and we really got out of jail. There were obviously set up issues for our men all night, have already mentioned Robert and Niels was quarter of a lap behind in heat eleven.....if we have any chance of winning anything then track man and riders need to be on the same page, we can't go into the Play Offs 'chasing set ups'.

It’s all if and buts.  Belle Vue wouldn’t hsve been able to run with a Tac Sub in 11 if heat one had gone as a 1-5 instead  of a 2-4. 

Ok we got the rub of the green last night but these things have a habit of evening themselves out over the course of a season.  Wait till we get Mick Bates again, I’m sure he would even things out for us.;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Sitting in the Royal Box as per usual,  we were so assured of heat 1 result we filled in the program before the result was announced.   Such to our amazement,   it really did make a mess of the program having to change it all.   Even when considering our position, there was no denying BV had got off to a flying start by securing  a 5-1.   Riss had battled hard,  but no way did he get that second place.      We weren't to know how important that decision would be,  but when a  meeting is that close , there was always be repercussions of a bad decision. 

Strange meeting, that I thoroughly enjoyed.   It seemed wrong that we were always leading, when for long periods,  I thought Lynn were second best.   Friske, Cook and Bewley  were all on it and scoring points for fun while we were picking up  the oddments.  New man, Erik Riss was a revelation with his battling attitude and his  lay down styling from his 'Long Tack' days.   He will be a tremendous asset in the weeks ahead..  Our top men Lambert and Niels appeared down on pace,  missing the gate and playing catch-up all the time.   Heat 11 was a real wake-up call.   With Friske and Cookie  hitting home  with an easy  5-1 against out top man. The writing was on the wall, now only 2 points in it with  4 races to go.

As in many previous meetings this year,   when we come to the business end, our top two riders rise to the top.  Going into the last race we only needed 2pts to be assured of victory.  When Niels made the gate and Robert tucked in behind,    for the first time all night we knew we had won.   Friske battled all the way  and nicked 2nd on the line.  only for the ref again to make another dubious call.      Obviously pleased we had won, but felt sorry for BV who had battled hard all night and deserved a point at least.   This was  a tough meeting, watched by the biggest crowd of the season.   We are now well in contention for them PO places.    If all the riders can hit form on the same day we are capable of beating anybody.

Whose next ????  

I wasn't there, but read about the refs awful decisions from BV supporters, SO this was very nice to hear it from a Kings Lynn supporter, very honest of the poster g13webb, to be commended.   Something missing generally these days.   Why should a ref get away with these terrible decisions? Why is there not photo finish cameras, or videos recordings for instant replay or to be sent to SCB or whoever controls meetings.   Decisions like this make a big difference to a teams future.  From all accounts BV are struggling financially and missing out on the playoffs due to poor decisions like at KL may cost them dearly - we know crowds shoot up for the playoffs.   Speedway in the UK is on "life support machine", its critical that all teams survive, but fair play, or lack of it, could mean the life support machine being turned off for some teams.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rob B said:

Yes we deserved a point as the score should have been 47-43, yes Tungate and Drozdz let us down but if the referee can’t do a simple thing like declare the result of 2 races correctly, a Kings Lynn fan (Bagpuss) and a neutral have both said they were declared wrong. The DVD should be sent to the SCB, the score won’t be amended now but there should be a statement about Tony Steele performance and should be removed from officiating.

It wouldn't have been 47-43 because there would have been no Belle Vue tac sub.

If the heat results were as you say, heat 11 would probably have been 3-3 instead of a Belle Vue 5-1. The final score would still have been 49-41.

• Like 4

This wasn’t an error on Steeles part. He knew exactly what he was doing and he’s done it before. 

Saying this, that or the other MIGHT have happened is pointless, we can only go with what did happen and it wasn’t right. 

11 hours ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Just when you think this sport get any more 'tin pot' ... Along comes Tony Steele.

Im done with it :(

This would be the same Tony Steele that many on here, including professional penpushers, were touting to become the saviour of British Speedway as an independent leader! :rofl:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Grachan said:

It wouldn't have been 47-43 because there would have been no Belle Vue tac sub.

If the heat results were as you say, heat 11 would probably have been 3-3 instead of a Belle Vue 5-1. The final score would still have been 49-41.

Ignoring the fact we would still have lost and ignoring the fact which team it was the 2 decisions were down right apalling and stinks of a referee not up to the job. The decisions were that easy to make that I think tony steel should be reprimanded. Lemo questioned both calls and he was told twice that the decision was not even close. Belle vue lads were miles behind. What the hell was he watching