British Speedway Forum
g13webb

King's Lynn v Belle Vue 08-08-2018

3 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

This would be the same Tony Steele that many on here, including professional penpushers, were touting to become the saviour of British Speedway as an independent leader! :rofl:

That all ended on the rainy night in Manchester with his role in ensuring Poole got the result they needed to make the play offs. It played out in full view of the Sky cameras with Steele looking like a rabbit in the headlights. Thing is he had a job to do and followed it through even knowing the danger he placed the riders in. 

He liked the idea of being a speedway supremeo but after that it would never happen. 

The fact it happened at Belle Vue seems to have turned him against us as he has acted in this way on previous occasions.

Nothing will ever come of it as this is just speedway. The only silver lining is that very few of us actually see this and give a monkeys. 

20 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Ignoring the fact we would still have lost and ignoring the fact which team it was the 2 decisions were down right apalling and stinks of a referee not up to the job. The decisions were that easy to make that I think tony steel should be reprimanded. Lemo questioned both calls and he was told twice that the decision was not even close. Belle vue lads were miles behind. What the hell was he watching 

Were you, Lemo and everyone else who has criticised the decision actually in line with the finish line like Tony Steele? If not, any other angle gives a false impression. 

11 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Were you, Lemo and everyone else who has criticised the decision actually in line with the finish line like Tony Steele? If not, any other angle gives a false impression. 

No No wasn't but you diddnt need to be. Even the announcer stood right on the start line was announcing belle vue a belle vue 5-1 in heat 1. The kings Lynn fans o  start line said ref was wrong. In fact I bet you would not find 1 fan in the stadium agreeing with referee. They will take it yea. But agreeing to it. No chance. 

I've been to alot of matches over the last 30 years and them 2 were by far the worst ref decisions I've seen. 

• Like 2

we were standing approx 15m behind the tapes (I know this as when someone goes off 15m they are level with us , and yes max fricke definitely had more speed than Eric Riss, and yes if the finish line was 10m or maybe even 5 m further on he would have nicked it , but I'm not convinced he beat riss, in fact our group were a bit surprised when the man on the Mic called it as a 5-1. same in heat 15. my opinion from where I was standing.

Edited by castrolargh
spelling error
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Agree with the above, Belle Vue deserved a point if not more and we really got out of jail. There were obviously set up issues for our men all night, have already mentioned Robert and Niels was quarter of a lap behind in heat eleven.....if we have any chance of winning anything then track man and riders need to be on the same page, we can't go into the Play Offs 'chasing set ups'.

Robert,ht 11:rolleyes:think you will find that was Simon:wink:

Robin Brundle explained about the track after the meeting,basically he said they couldn't get enough moisture into the track,there was such a strong wind that seemed to be blowing through the track during the day that as they were watering it,it was drying just as quick.

Going onto decisions in ht 1&15 i must admit i thought the ref got it wrong.I stand on the 2nd bend as someone said depending on what angle you stand it can be deceiving though.For instance how many times has anyone been to a football match and seen the ball go out to what you think is a corner and it ends up actually being a throw in.Still thought the ref got it wrong last night:unsure:

Edited by tellboy

13 minutes ago, castrolargh said:

we were standing approx 15m behind the tapes (I know this as when someone goes off 15m they are level with us , and yes max fricke definitely had more speed than Eric Riss, and yes if the finish line was 10m or maybe even 5 m further on he would have nicked it , but I'm not convinced he beat riss, in fact our group were a bit surprised when the man on the Mic called it as a 5-1. same in heat 15. my opinion from where I was standing.

I think you got that a bit wrong,   Max Friske was not in heat 1,   Erik Riss had more speed than Steve Worrall , and from someone else who was standing in line with the start,   said  he didn't quite make it .   Heat 15  was a much more close affair,    Niels got the Jump with Robert riding shotgun.   for 4 laps  Max was giving it his all.   Robert seemed to have all his moves covered.   Coming up to the line  there wasn't much between them, Niels was the obvious winner, riding the outside line,  but  Robert  mid track,   allowed space  for Max doing the  outside run.   My friend in the Start line stand  said Max got there  by  half a wheel,   a result that would have been just reward for the effort he had put in..   

A 4-2 result would have been sufficient  for a Stars win,   but BV would have got the point the performance deserved.....

9 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Robert,ht 11:rolleyes:think you will find that was Simon:wink:

Sorry didn't make that very clear, I meant that I had already mentioned how slow Robert was and as a separate point it was alarming how far behind Niels was in heat 11.

Thank you for sharing the comments about the wind, can appreciate how difficult that was but apart from rain it should be possible to keep the starts the same every week whatever the weather so we are at least able to make good starts as a matter of course. As entertaining as close meetings are we need to be able to score 50+ at home going forward as that is what other teams do.

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

No No wasn't but you diddnt need to be. Even the announcer stood right on the start line was announcing belle vue a belle vue 5-1 in heat 1. The kings Lynn fans o  start line said ref was wrong. In fact I bet you would not find 1 fan in the stadium agreeing with referee. They will take it yea. But agreeing to it. No chance. 

I've been to alot of matches over the last 30 years and them 2 were by far the worst ref decisions I've seen. 

You are coming over as bitter and twisted with your posts and tweets.  It’s all swings and roundabouts and evens out in the end.  #justsaying

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve0 said:

You are coming over as bitter and twisted with your posts and tweets.  It’s all swings and roundabouts and evens out in the end.  #justsaying

I am bitter about it. And if u read my posts properly not once have I said we would of won or anything but that the decisions were shocking. Worrall needed that paid win. Morally he got the paid win but his pay packet won't say that. Again fricke pay packet won't say that 

Another enjoyable night at Lynn, it really got going towards the end!

When you've got the best top 2 in the league coming in for big races at the end of a tight meeting you've always got to feel confident.

Aces were very unlucky not to go home with a point which they deserved.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Also, of course I'm bitter about it. I want aces to win every match there in. And when we don't I get very disappointed. Nothing wrong with that 

43 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

I’ll take heart from that as if it’s true The Aces won’t lose another match this season. 

• Haha 1

The error by the ref and he gave the points to Lynn instead of Belle Vue  would have meant that they would have been only 4 points not 6 and Fricke wouldn't have been a substitute in Heat 11 however it still might have a 5 1  but I doubt it.  We shall nevwe know

Seems to me the only sport I seen that the players are honest and admit what the ref may not of seen is Snooker. Even in the world championship I seen players, in crucial matches, point out to the ref that they fouled ie maybe moved a ball the shouldnt so slightly that the ref never saw it.  In football you get theatrical dives, you get the "hand of god", speedway riders will know pretty well they caused a rider to move at the tapes, or were beaten by half a bikes length..... but don't seem to play fair and tell the referee. Sad, but probably relates society in general to day.… "me first".

1 hour ago, pointsmeanplayoffs said:

Another enjoyable night at Lynn, it really got going towards the end!

When you've got the best top 2 in the league coming in for big races at the end of a tight meeting you've always got to feel confident.

Aces were very unlucky not to go home with a point which they deserved.

I haven't felt confident in Niels all season.That is his first double figure score at home this season not good for an out and out no1.Signed on a 9.04 now down to 7.15.He still seems lacking in confidence of battling it out with someone going into the corners.