British Speedway Forum
g13webb

King's Lynn v Belle Vue 08-08-2018

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

I think you got that a bit wrong,   Max Friske was not in heat 1,   Erik Riss had more speed than Steve Worrall , and from someone else who was standing in line with the start,   said  he didn't quite make it .   Heat 15  was a much more close affair,    Niels got the Jump with Robert riding shotgun.   for 4 laps  Max was giving it his all.   Robert seemed to have all his moves covered.   Coming up to the line  there wasn't much between them, Niels was the obvious winner, riding the outside line,  but  Robert  mid track,   allowed space  for Max doing the  outside run.   My friend in the Start line stand  said Max got there  by  half a wheel,   a result that would have been just reward for the effort he had put in..   

A 4-2 result would have been sufficient  for a Stars win,   but BV would have got the point the performance deserved.....

you're right I got the name wrong in heat 1, but It doesn't change my view of the result from where I stood, but it's only my opinion 

7 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I haven't felt confident in Niels all season.That is his first double figure score at home this season not good for an out and out no1.Signed on a 9.04 now down to 7.15.He still seems lacking in confidence of battling it out with someone going into the corners.

But that 7.15 average will make him a highly sort after rider in 2019 

42 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

But that 7.15 average will make him a highly sort after rider in 2019 

Couldn't agree more may benefit Lynn next season.But his current form doesn't help them this season.

4 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

No No wasn't but you diddnt need to be. Even the announcer stood right on the start line was announcing belle vue a belle vue 5-1 in heat 1. The kings Lynn fans o  start line said ref was wrong. In fact I bet you would not find 1 fan in the stadium agreeing with referee. They will take it yea. But agreeing to it. No chance. 

I've been to alot of matches over the last 30 years and them 2 were by far the worst ref decisions I've seen. 

4 hours ago, castrolargh said:

we were standing approx 15m behind the tapes (I know this as when someone goes off 15m they are level with us , and yes max fricke definitely had more speed than Eric Riss, and yes if the finish line was 10m or maybe even 5 m further on he would have nicked it , but I'm not convinced he beat riss, in fact our group were a bit surprised when the man on the Mic called it as a 5-1. same in heat 15. my opinion from where I was standing.

Have to admit being surprised the announcer called it a 5-1 in heat 1. And didn’t think anything of it in heat 15 either. But impossible to tell from the 4th bend. Didn’t realise or sense it was even an issue though and I’m a fair guy. 1 thing for certain though, transponders would clear this debate up! 

Belle Vue deserved a point. Didn’t happen though and I’m proud of our lynn team. It’s a good time to be a lynn fan

2 hours ago, castrolargh said:

you're right I got the name wrong in heat 1

don't worry, been seeing Max FRICKE called Max FRISKE consistently for long enough

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, tellboy said:

Not the best nor worst meeting,there was some good racing though.Jorgensen seemed the only one to get the outside line working though.Even though Robert was out of sorts tonight he still managed to post the fastest time.Maybe due to Bewley pushing him all the way.Yes Robert did say afterwards he had problems all night.Saying that he had to keep chasing the set up, more than what he had to do all season.But the track was slightly different tonight he said but they are professionals and should be able to deal with it,excellent comment i thought.

Thought Riss spoke well too,he was unhappy with himself he wants to score more.But he said he hopes to find the correct set up soon,although he seemed amazed how much the track changed during the meeting.Certainly a good addition to the team.

Still feel Iversen isn't right yet,ok when he gates but seems to lose his bottle a bit when chasing.

Dale also indicated that S.Lambert may stay in the team,he answered a question and said why change a winning team.

Imo this team won't win the play-offs,Poole are the strongest team right down to their no7.I was hoping maybe,somehow we could get a no7 that was equal to that one at Poole then i would fancy our chances.Was Porsing just visiting tonight:rolleyes:

Yes just a 4 day visit to U.K.  Fancied his favourite Dinner at The Hare Arms so popped over as no Holsted meeting yesterday and next meeting is Sunday in Rzeszow 

6 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Seems to me the only sport I seen that the players are honest and admit what the ref may not of seen is Snooker. Even in the world championship I seen players, in crucial matches, point out to the ref that they fouled ie maybe moved a ball the shouldnt so slightly that the ref never saw it.  In football you get theatrical dives, you get the "hand of god", speedway riders will know pretty well they caused a rider to move at the tapes, or were beaten by half a bikes length..... but don't seem to play fair and tell the referee. Sad, but probably relates society in general to day.… "me first".

I would say golf is another

Edited by foreverblue

3 hours ago, Danny Connor said:

Have to admit being surprised the announcer called it a 5-1 in heat 1. And didn’t think anything of it in heat 15 either. But impossible to tell from the 4th bend. Didn’t realise or sense it was even an issue though and I’m a fair guy. 1 thing for certain though, transponders would clear this debate up! 

Belle Vue deserved a point. Didn’t happen though and I’m proud of our lynn team. It’s a good time to be a lynn fan

Transponders have been around for years and are used in most levels of motorsports.     They would be a godsend to speedway, not only  eliminating  the discrepancies of the finishing order but also to the many false starts that are called back.     Good starts can then be rewarded instead of being pulled back all the time...  

Not having transponders in a sport, where speed is everything,  to me is a no-brainer….

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DWP said:

Yes just a 4 day visit to U.K.  Fancied his favourite Dinner at The Hare Arms so popped over as no Holsted meeting yesterday and next meeting is Sunday in Rzeszow 

Shame we couldn't squeeze him in at 7,that could make the difference of us actually winning the play offs.

He should be allowed " in the interest of the sport"  Matt, oh no, sorry it's Tell :P

Surely Lemon got on to the phone to the ref to ask why he was so wrong  so many times But speaking to a ref several seasons ago he said that once he has declared a result it cannot be changed even if he realises afterwards his mistake    wonder if is still the same now 

23 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

Surely Lemon got on to the phone to the ref to ask why he was so wrong  so many times But speaking to a ref several seasons ago he said that once he has declared a result it cannot be changed even if he realises afterwards his mistake    wonder if is still the same now 

12 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Ignoring the fact we would still have lost and ignoring the fact which team it was the 2 decisions were down right apalling and stinks of a referee not up to the job. The decisions were that easy to make that I think tony steel should be reprimanded. Lemo questioned both calls and he was told twice that the decision was not even close. Belle vue lads were miles behind. What the hell was he watching 

I think that answers your question.

The DVD should tell us if the referee was right.

Edited by Aces51

8 hours ago, John Scrutton said:

Im sure Niels isn't 100% yet and will (We hope) be stronger in 2019 after more rest and I hope Riding for Kings Lynn.  

HE is far from 100 per cent...

10 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HE is far from 100 per cent...

He seemed 100 per cent at BV on a better race track.