British Speedway Forum
g13webb

King's Lynn v Belle Vue 08-08-2018

HE has far less trouble on a big, wide track than say a small one where the tight turns can cause some discomfort. He probably should have had the operation sooner but it is a process and one which hopefully will see him back to full fitness sooner rather than later.

3 hours ago, colin wood said:

He seemed 100 per cent at BV on a better race track.

I’ve overheard little snippets about Niels’ shoulder (muscles, tendons, ligaments) which apparently is far from 100% like Phil is saying, obviously some tracks are easier to race on than others.  He has always been great for Lynn, a scoring machine as Rob Lyon used to call him, I think he deserves our support don’t you?  He’s only human after all.   

• Thanks 1

I have nothing against Niels. But if he isn't fit and can't do his job properly perhaps its time to look for someone else.  

18 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

WHO ??

Any GP rider ( or just qualified for it ) who is gullible enough to come for the same money? NOT that I want to replace NKI - he can and will fully overcome this injury.

• Haha 1

On 8/9/2018 at 1:18 PM, tellboy said:

I haven't felt confident in Niels all season.That is his first double figure score at home this season not good for an out and out no1.Signed on a 9.04 now down to 7.15.He still seems lacking in confidence of battling it out with someone going into the corners.

When it comes to the crunch, he delivers. Time and time again he's proved it. Remember the last corner swoop around the outside win the Danes the SWC in Poland? BOOM!

1 hour ago, mrss said:

I have nothing against Niels. But if he isn't fit and can't do his job properly perhaps its time to look for someone else.  

You can't just pluck riders of his quality out if thin air though can you? One would imagine the club thinks it will improve as the weeks go on and he will be fitter for the Play Offs. Would explain why he has struggled at home on the grippy surface and wasn't happy with the track as Poole which hasn't been smooth in recent years.

1 hour ago, mrss said:

What are you smoking?!?!

Replace Niels after he has just won us 2 meetings and is obviously coming back into fitness and form (he did qualify for the SGP's again and win No. 7 recently)?!?

That would be utter madness.

Him and Robert are going to lead us all the way this season... Such a powerhouse top two!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pointsmeanplayoffs said:

When it comes to the crunch, he delivers. Time and time again he's proved it. Remember the last corner swoop around the outside win the Danes the SWC in Poland? BOOM!

Yes,that was a few years ago now,in pretty much different form now.Hopefully his form is just due to his shoulder.His Polish club seemed to know he wouldn't be fit for the season and got rid at the start.I sincerely hope he does come back as good as he was as he is still one of my favourites,but there is no hiding away from the fact that he has been poor by his standards this season.Hence being below people like Tungate,Nicholls,Masters in the averages and a few more.

TBH i think at times this team has been propped up this season by the sudden form of R.Lambert.

Here's hoping NKI can get properly fit for the all important play-offs,if we make it that is.

Agree what was posted above   When it came to the crunch he was these with Robert when we wanted a 5 1 in heats 13 & 15    got us the points in several matches this season

Let’s hope NKI nears full fitness around the time of the play-offs. Then back next season ( whatever that is) on 7 point average

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can’t believe some fans burying Niels!!!! He’s a modern legend of the club. He rode for us when nobody else would in 2016 . . . . Topinka was crucified in his last season with us too by some. 

I bet some of you aren’t as productive as you were mid 20s. Maybe your bosses should drop you guys. Or your elder relatives.. . . 

What a joke.

so next year we drop a 7 point Niels. He moves on and ends up as an 8 point rider or better. And the average equivalent replacement is inconsistent just like the 7ish point riders we have signed over the previous few seasons. Janowski, mads, bjerre, Rory, batchelor, all inconsistent. That’s what a sub 7.5 gets ya. 

Respect your club legends.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mrss said:

Are you for real ??   Niels without doubt is the most respected rider,  that we are fortunate to have riding for us, and racing in our league.    Every other club would  our hands off if we offered them the chance of him.  He is without equal...   For 6 out of the last 8 years, he has single handedly carried this club,  and for you to dismiss  him, in your above post,  is insulting. 

Call him Mr Reliable,   Mr Pointscorer,  Mr  Bigtime,   Mr Our Saviour,    you can call him many names  he is that good.    Some years he has been our only rider capable of winning.   In seven years you can count on one hand the times he has let us down.   He has topped the scoring charts for more years than I care to remember,   I cant believe  there are people who want to change him for someone different,  just because his recovery from a bad injury is taking longer then usual.   

A world without compassion,  and  respect is a very lonely place.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, g13webb said:

Are you for real ??   Niels without doubt is the most respected rider,  that we are fortunate to have riding for us, and racing in our league.    Every other club would  our hands off if we offered them the chance of him.  He is without equal...   For 6 out of the last 8 years, he has single handedly carried this club,  and for you to dismiss  him, in your above post,  is insulting. 

Call him Mr Reliable,   Mr Pointscorer,  Mr  Bigtime,   Mr Our Saviour,    you can call him many names  he is that good.    Some years he has been our only rider capable of winning.   In seven years you can count on one hand the times he has let us down.   He has topped the scoring charts for more years than I care to remember,   I cant believe  there are people who want to change him for someone different,  just because his recovery from a bad injury is taking longer then usual.   

One phrase nobody can associate with Iversen is "Mr Bigtime". He's a man with feet firmly on the ground, probably to his detriment in reaching the very top of the sport.

For King's Lynn, Iversen will go down as a great but maybe not quite a legend.

8 hours ago, g13webb said:

I know we are fortunate to have Neil's as a Stars rider. But if he isn't fit he can't do his job as well as he would like to. Speedway is a sport. Results are what count. Luckily R Lambert has stepped up a level to cover Neil's lower than expected scores. If Rob has an off night we could be in big trouble, let's hope it doesn't happen in the playoffs.