British Speedway Forum
g13webb

King's Lynn v Belle Vue 08-08-2018

Phil Rising has said that Niels is far from fit. I get what you are saying about being fit. Hes doing it in heats 13- 15. Probably pushing it in those heats for the team. I know we need him banging in the scores.

No better rider on a 7 point average for 2019.. 

On 8/11/2018 at 7:45 PM, Bald Bloke said:

Phil Rising has said that Niels is far from fit. I get what you are saying about being fit. Hes doing it in heats 13- 15. Probably pushing it in those heats for the team. I know we need him banging in the scores.

No better rider on a 7 point average for 2019.. 

NSS BOUND 2019 :t:

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

NSS BOUND 2019 :t:

As a GP rider he would probably be reassessed as minimum 8.

im sure some Belle Vue fans would be horrified to sign a rider on a low false average given the amount of crowing some were doing about Woffy signing for Wolves 2 years back. :t:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stevebrum said:
9 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

im sure some Belle Vue fans would be horrified to sign a rider on a low false average given the amount of crowing some were doing about Woffy signing for Wolves 2 years back. :t:

all is fair in love & speedway  :lol::lol: #ficklefans

Just now, geoff58 said:

I only posted it once not 7 times.:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

I don't think it is likely to happen but if it did, the situation with NKI and Woffinden would be quite different.

NKI would be coming in at the beginning of the season on his current average achieved the previous season. Woffinden, having turned his back on the UK, came in late in the season, when coincidentally, his races abroad were drying up, to strengthen the team for the play offs and on an average, not from the previous year but the year before that and the evidence clearly showed that in 2015 and 2016 he was a much better rider than his 2014 average. It was those factors that caused some Aces and some neutral fans to be less than happy about his return

Edited by Aces51

2 hours ago, Aces51 said:

I don't think it is likely to happen but if it did, the situation with NKI and Woffinden would be quite different.

NKI would be coming in at the beginning of the season on his current average achieved the previous season. Woffinden, having turned his back on the UK, came in late in the season, when coincidentally, his races abroad were drying up, to strengthen the team for the play offs and on an average, not from the previous year but the year before that and the evidence clearly showed that in 2015 and 2016 he was a much better rider than his 2014 average. It was those factors that caused some Aces and some neutral fans to be less than happy about his return

No difference at all. How can you say “he was a much better rider” when he was world champion in 2013?

Woffy and Iversen are both 8 point riders minimum when fit in any season. I see no difference whatsoever.

The same reason applies to Poole bringing in 2 Poles at the start of the season who “evidence clearly shows they are much better riders” than the last time they rode here. Appears absolutely nothing wrong with it.

if any team other than Kings Lynn sign Niels on a low 7 average next year will be signing a ringer. Same flak that Wolves got over Woffy.

• Haha 1

I've said many times that riders who don't have a current UK average should be given an average based on their current average abroad using a properly worked out mathematical multiplier. Just as we do between the PL and CL. Woffinden should have been assessed on his current averages abroad in 2016 but Iversen next year would be given his current UK average. If SteveBrum can't see the fairness of that then it explains why he can't see any difference between the to completely different situations.

44 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

I've said many times that riders who don't have a current UK average should be given an average based on their current average abroad using a properly worked out mathematical multiplier. Just as we do between the PL and CL. Woffinden should have been assessed on his current averages abroad in 2016 but Iversen next year would be given his current UK average. If SteveBrum can't see the fairness of that then it explains why he can't see any difference between the to completely different situations.

I fully agree. I’ve said it many times before. I’ve no issue with that being the case, what isn’t right is re-assessments for some, same average for others and completely made up for others.

id have been more than happy if Woffy was reassessed in any returning season, 2016 onwards. So long as it’s applied fairly for all teams and riders. Nobody wants fair and clear and concise rules and regulations applied more than me. 

7 hours ago, stevebrum said:

No difference at all. How can you say “he was a much better rider” when he was world champion in 2013?

Woffy and Iversen are both 8 point riders minimum when fit in any season. I see no difference whatsoever.

The same reason applies to Poole bringing in 2 Poles at the start of the season who “evidence clearly shows they are much better riders” than the last time they rode here. Appears absolutely nothing wrong with it.

if any team other than Kings Lynn sign Niels on a low 7 average next year will be signing a ringer. Same flak that Wolves got over Woffy.

No it wont at all. Any team that signs Iversen next year on his 2018 average is in no way similar to Woffys signing.

Stop talking garbage.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, stevebrum said:

I fully agree. I’ve said it many times before. I’ve no issue with that being the case, what isn’t right is re-assessments for some, same average for others and completely made up for others.

id have been more than happy if Woffy was reassessed in any returning season, 2016 onwards. So long as it’s applied fairly for all teams and riders. Nobody wants fair and clear and concise rules and regulations applied more than me. 

So you agree with me that next year Iversen should be on his UK average from this year and that riders who don't have a current UK average shouldn't come in on old UK average but an average calculated from their current averages in foreign leagues. That make a nonsense of your argument that there would be no difference between Woffinden's return in 2016, based on his old UK average and Iversen being signed on his current UK average.

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

So you agree with me that next year Iversen should be on his UK average from this year and that riders who don't have a current UK average shouldn't come in on old UK average but an average calculated from their current averages in foreign leagues. That make a nonsense of your argument that there would be no difference between Woffinden's return in 2016, based on his old UK average and Iversen being signed on his current UK average.

This is all assuming Iversen will be back in 2019 of course and If he does no one will moan If he rides for the Stars.

you can be sure if he misses a season whoever signs him the year after or onwards will be accused of signing a ‘ringer’ which was my whole point.

ive no issue of having GP riders (either current, previous season and qualified for next season) being reassessed on a minimum 8 if they have an average lower than 8. We should expect that standard rider to be achieving that over here and should be used every season for team building.

it makes and keeps things transparent and clear for all to understand.

I like the idea of riders having missed a season here being reassessed using there European averages factored in. Something like previous British Average X Swedish average X Polish Average X any other National average and divided by the amount of leagues they race it. Extremely easy to apply but certainly won’t suit promotions who have a large asset base to call on. And yes I include Wolves (Woffy and Piotr) in that listing too.

But maybe I’m still blind and can’t see the bigger picture. :neutral:

Tough call for any referee but the screen capture does show Cook pipped Lambert in heat 15

20180816_221302.jpg

I knew it was closer in heat 15 and when I watched the video I understood that it could have been given either way. 

Would love to see heat 1 though