British Speedway Forum
g13webb

King's Lynn v Belle Vue 08-08-2018

3 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Tony Steele either blind as a bat or bent.

Heat 1 Worrall beat Riss by at least a bike length and ref called it other way, the centre green presenter had to apologise as he already announced it as 5-1.

Heat 15 Fricke passes Lambert on the line by half a bike and again Steele calls it wrong. 

Cost the Aces a point there.

Wasn't there so can't make a judgement but surely it was Worral, Tungate and Drodz that cost you a win

Just when you think this sport get any more 'tin pot' ... Along comes Tony Steele.

Im done with it :(

6 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Heat 1 Worrall beat Riss by at least a bike length and ref called it other way, the centre green presenter had to apologise as he already announced it as 5-1.

Heat 15 Fricke passes Lambert on the line by half a bike and again Steele calls it wrong. 

Perhaps the Lynn fans gave him a purple lollipop - refs love them and can respond with these decisions as a thank you :D

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, bree34 said:

The aces have imploded since they sacked Jye they should of got rid of drozdz and worrall. I think that they are gone now nice work mark lemon hopefully you are gone to bad decisions 

I dont think Aces should have dumped anyone, ( Worrall shouldn't be riding if he's unfit ) ... Especially not Jye Etheridge 

Massive gamble from Lemon , 

Edited by WestGorton1884

No points no surprise, cant comment about the ref as I couldn't get time off to get down there, not really great from the No1 but Worrall, Tungate, and Drozdz cost us as they never turned up at all, Lemon should have got rid of the Pole and Worrall has really let the club down by returning when he clearly is not fit to do the job disappointed in him, tbh his return is looking a tad selfish as he must have known he wasn't up to it. I predicted not another away point and still cant see it, Leicester being the best chance but I fear that would be too little too late.

Edited by bellevueace
  • Like 1

Decent meeting tonight, good result for the Stars. T Jorgensens ride around the outside in heat 14 was brilliant. The big race riders done the business in heat 15. Seemed to be a bit of an atmosphere towards the end of the meeting. Roll on Monday v Wolves.

57 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Don’t know what meeting you was at buddy! But your team rode well tonight and deserved a point! As a lynn fan I won’t cry over that too much though. Your number 7 and number 4 cost you. Not the ref. 

Yep I thought Worrall and Fricke both got second in the first and last races.  Racing wise it was a poor meeting but the scores kept it interesting. Inside line far too good tonight and most races were strung out after the first lap. Lynn's top two came up trumps in the two big heats but were way off colour before that, havent seen Lambert that slow for a long time.

12 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Yep I thought Worrall and Fricke both got second in the first and last races.  Racing wise it was a poor meeting but the scores kept it interesting. Inside line far too good tonight and most races were strung out after the first lap. Lynn's top two came up trumps in the two big heats but were way off colour before that, havent seen Lambert that slow for a long time.

I thought the racing was quite good tonight, although the fact the meeting was close always makes it feel better than it probably was. Lambert had engine issues in first 2 races then jumped on his spare bike and was chasing the set up!

18 minutes ago, The Stag said:

I thought the racing was quite good tonight, although the fact the meeting was close always makes it feel better than it probably was. Lambert had engine issues in first 2 races then jumped on his spare bike and was chasing the set up!

Not the best nor worst meeting,there was some good racing though.Jorgensen seemed the only one to get the outside line working though.Even though Robert was out of sorts tonight he still managed to post the fastest time.Maybe due to Bewley pushing him all the way.Yes Robert did say afterwards he had problems all night.Saying that he had to keep chasing the set up, more than what he had to do all season.But the track was slightly different tonight he said but they are professionals and should be able to deal with it,excellent comment i thought.

Thought Riss spoke well too,he was unhappy with himself he wants to score more.But he said he hopes to find the correct set up soon,although he seemed amazed how much the track changed during the meeting.Certainly a good addition to the team.

Still feel Iversen isn't right yet,ok when he gates but seems to lose his bottle a bit when chasing.

Dale also indicated that S.Lambert may stay in the team,he answered a question and said why change a winning team.

Imo this team won't win the play-offs,Poole are the strongest team right down to their no7.I was hoping maybe,somehow we could get a no7 that was equal to that one at Poole then i would fancy our chances.Was Porsing just visiting tonight:rolleyes:

Watching tonights meeting as a neutral i thought the referee was an utter disgrace, not only did he get heat 1 (which the announcer had given as a  5-1 to the away team) wrong his decision in heat 15 to award Kings Lynn a 5-1 wrongly denied Belle Vue a point, he called heat 13 back as Cook clearly got a flyer but when Jorgensen had done the same in his second ride he let it go, you only have to look at the comments on the speedway updates to see how bad the decisions were, he was so bias towards the home team i`m surprised he wasn`t on the winning teams lap of honour at the end of the meeting.

35 minutes ago, NickH114 said:

Watching tonights meeting as a neutral i thought the referee was an utter disgrace, not only did he get heat 1 (which the announcer had given as a  5-1 to the away team) wrong his decision in heat 15 to award Kings Lynn a 5-1 wrongly denied Belle Vue a point, he called heat 13 back as Cook clearly got a flyer but when Jorgensen had done the same in his second ride he let it go, you only have to look at the comments on the speedway updates to see how bad the decisions were, he was so bias towards the home team i`m surprised he wasn`t on the winning teams lap of honour at the end of the meeting.

Tony steel is an utter disgrace and as pathetic as It sounds the 2 decisions should really force him to retire. I know refs often make bad decisions but these 2 in heat 1 and 15 were so blatant of wanting Lynn to win it's untrue. Robbed us of a point. 

Cookie rolled and rightly brought back. No problem with that. 

Decent meeting tho. Best I've seen there for a while. Well done Lynn. The 16 points you gained from heats 13 and 15 in both matches won you them. So fair play to NKI and Lambert 

Sports these days use technology to ensure the referees make correct decisions and if they make a mistake it can be corrected retrospectively. Rerun productions sell dvd’s Of Star’s meetings so let’s look at that and than decide.

• Like 1