British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

Ronnie Moore seriously ill

RIP Ronnie Moore

saw him ride for the Bees in the 1970s he had an effortless style similar to Simmo.

it still amazes me that NZ had three of the best riders ever.

• Like 2

I'm lucky enough to have watched Ronnie race on many occasions. He was the greatest all round rider and team player and his track craft and skill was amazing to watch. Watching him going from last to first against quality opposition was a joy to watch.

In my opinion he was the best.

So sad to loose one of the greats. I remember him as part of the "fabulous five" - Moore, Craven, Briggs, Knutsson, and Fundin in the early 60's - they started of 30 yards as they were so good. 

I missed him at his probable best in the mid-late fifties, but yes, something special to watch when I did see him.

• Like 2

Just seen this topic and so sad to read of Ronnie Moore's passing.

I saw him ride many times and remember him as one of the most stylish riders I have ever seen. His team riding was legendary and of course he was a twice world champion.

Sad news indeed! 

• Like 1

I saw Ronnie numerous times being a Wimbledon supporter. Ronnie seemed to be able to hug the white line better than any other rider, making it very difficult to pass him. He seemed to be glued to that white line. I also remember he seemed to always have a bright white scarf when he rode. I was at Wembley in 1959 when Ronnie won the World Championship beating Fundin and Briggs.

Edited by Celticman
  • Like 1

Mums uncle was Ronnie mechanic for a number of years.

Sad that neither are with us any longer and neither is the team or stadium. Seems so long ago those wonderful glory days

• Like 1