British Speedway Forum
Blackadder

Sheffield v Redcar SGBCL 09/08/2018 @ 19.30

Home track advantage.

21 minutes ago, OdsalBoy said:

What the hell is going on ? How can our form have dipped off so badly?!?!

3 home defeats on the bounce, are the riders purposely riding like this to ensure their averages are suitable for next season?

Sorry, but with the exception of Lakeside then Scunny and Redcar are teams we should be ironing around Owlerton.

Stunned.

You are obviously hard pressed to come up with anything positive to say. You sound In Creasingly frustrated 

Nice for the Bears not to be the team getting tonked for a change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hats off to the Bears, they out gated us and when they didn't, they out rode us. Yes, we had a few mechanical gremlins and lost a few points as a consequence, but not enough to have changed the outcome. We just never looked like being able to win from heat 1 onwards. :(

Remind me, why did we get rid of Berge....????

Edited by Cue Ball
  • Like 1

3rd week on the trot we ve looked like the away side out ridden out gated clueless from the back a total embarrassment 

7 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

You are obviously hard pressed to come up with anything positive to say. You sound In Creasingly frustrated 

Nice for the Bears not to be the team getting tonked for a change.

I see what you did there ;-), i guess the recent run of poor form has folded me :-)

• Like 1

That did not surprise me at all. The Bears we well up for it, we never looked like we could win the meeting,out gated out fought. When did the Tigers last lose three meeting at home, I can't remember. Something's not right. Earlier in the season we were OK at home so what's changed. We have two home meetings left, Newcastle and Edinburgh its to be hope we can win those two meeting, but if we ride like we have tonight no chance.utt.

you may struggle against Edinburgh ………..  but don't worry our gating will match yours in the battle of the wooden spoon

stunned at sheffields poor season ….. had you lot as playoff contenders

1 hour ago, tyke said:

Just posted on twitter ?

Was there anyone in the panorama bar last night after the Sheffield meeting that witnessed Paul Bates sack me last night?

is this true? if it is it is a disgrace.obviously don't know the ins and outs but if true then why make lasse the scapegoat?

15 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

is this true? if it is it is a disgrace.obviously don't know the ins and outs but if true then why make lasse the scapegoat?

It's no different to what they did with Wood and JPB then spun a story afterwards.

No statement yet from the tigers, Bjerre tweeted it this morning asking if anyone saw Paul Bates sack him in the bar last night. Very strange. Utt

Edited by graz gp

4 minutes ago, Whisperer said:

It's no different to what they did with Wood and JPB then spun a story afterwards.

did the Sheffield promotion not invest quite a bit in JPB then he quit on them?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, graz gp said:

No statement yet from the tigers, Bjerre tweeted it this morning asking if anyone saw Paul Bates sack him in the bar last night. Very strange. Utt

witnesses including nike lunna have replied to lasses tweet but one of them says that lasse isn't telling the whole picture.this is bizarre.

If true that will leave us well short then tonight? Another hammering on the way then ?  Last night was another poor show it feels to as though we've lost harmony in the camp.I wondered how this season would pan out without a proper number one. Kyle is a good rider but not quite a number one in my eyes.When josh was here last season and needed to win big races you could rely on him but Kyle seems a little inconsistent .kyle makes an ideal 2 ND heat leader and was awesome when paired with josh in the big heats Lasse and Charles are quite similar. I find it unbelievable as to how poor we've become in the last few weeks. The inconsistency of every rider all at once is incredible,I think it will have give our promoters plenty to think about for next seasons team.Hope we are not rained off tonight and tomorrow I think the sooner the season is over the better ,apart from winning the pairs it's been a crap stop start season.Perhaps the bspa could regionalise the leagu next season and just have 5 at home and 5 away and save some more money ??????????

• Like 1

Getting rid of Jan was a bad move in my opinion. Sure he won't be hitting the double figures but as seen last season if you give him a place and let him stay there then he can come good as a hard-hitting reserve or even a number 2 which could also move Kurtz into a number 4 role where he should be (imo)