British Speedway Forum
Blackadder

Sheffield v Redcar SGBCL 09/08/2018 @ 19.30

If Lasse Bjerre has been replaced on the cut-off weekend, it means he won't be allowed to sign up elsewhere.

This is the flaw in the cut-off system.  Sedgy, Batchelor and Holder were stranded last season -- any rider dumped this weekend will be in the same situation.

On the SGB web site, Sheffield are shown as unchanged for Redcar tonight, with Mark Riss, Ty Proctor and Coty Garcia guesting for the 3 Danes for Redcar.

4 minutes ago, Blackadder said:

On the SGB web site, Sheffield are shown as unchanged for Redcar tonight, with Mark Riss, Ty Proctor and Coty Garcia guesting for the 3 Danes for Redcar.

No news on the Redcar or Sheffield sites, or in the Sheffield Star.

2 hours ago, montie said:

did the Sheffield promotion not invest quite a bit in JPB then he quit on them?

Yes not the same at all

So if Bjerre doesn't turn up tonight does he get banned for withholding his services?

• Like 1

wont matter if hes been sacked the chances of him getting another club is just about nil anyway

love to know why he is the only one if true

Coincidence that there is no match preview for Redcar Sheffield on the tigers website?

8 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

So if Bjerre doesn't turn up tonight does he get banned for withholding his services?

Won’t matter anyway, he’s got nowt to lose as he’s been sacked anyway, and if Sheffield have not got a replacement lined up, then Lasse could drop them right in the preverbial !

I’ve had the misfortune to witness some dross in my time following the Tigers, but this feels a bit different. Back in the 90’s we just had poor teams and you kind of accepted that for what it was. This year we haven’t got a poor team by any stretch, but we seem to have suffered a collective loss of form and confidence right across the board, all at the same time. I’ve never seen anything like it - getting left at the starts 90% of the time, and then on the few occasions when we do make a start, we seem to be getting passed way too easily. I don’t have any answers or conspiracy theories to share, just a feeling of bewilderment. Maybe the management and riders can work it out over the final few weeks. Good job it’s a pathetically short season so hopefully we can start again next year. 

2 hours ago, montie said:

did the Sheffield promotion not invest quite a bit in JPB then he quit on them?

Word I got was that they were long on promises and short on delivery.

3 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Word I got was that they were long on promises and short on delivery.

As I remember he wasn't there long enough for anything to be delivered! Did the same to Glasgow as well.

4 hours ago, tyke said:

Just posted on twitter ?

Was there anyone in the panorama bar last night after the Sheffield meeting that witnessed Paul Bates sack me last night?

Nike Lunna commented on it saying he seen him get sacked and told to F*** Off also after being sacked.

socking behaviour 

The promotors at Sheffield Speedway does not include Paul Bates! You may ask how can he sack any of the riders at Sheffield as he is not one of the official promotors.

Well he's the man who holds the purse strings at Sheffield and what he says happens, or so it seems. But what a way to carry on, not just sacking him in a public bar but telling him to "F*** Off" as well, how professional is that. 

• Like 1

so I would assume a NL guest for tonight, cant we just end the season now and pay the fine for not completing the fixtures, would be a lot less embarrassing

4 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

so I would assume a NL guest for tonight, cant we just end the season now and pay the fine for not completing the fixtures, would be a lot less embarrassing

Tonight at Redcar is OFF