British Speedway Forum
Blackadder

Sheffield v Redcar SGBCL 09/08/2018 @ 19.30

i was stood near the pits gate last night and the whole demeanour of the team didn't appear to seem right, yes the season has not been very good, going out of all competitions and taking the two heavy home beatings also but in contrast you could see the togetherness as a team in redcar,especially ben barker, much as he's not everyones cup of tea he did a true captains role and was out most races motivating the team and all credit to him, all this in stark contrast in the tigers camp.for all riders to be losing form is not right.something down at sheffield speedway is not right, culminating in what appears to be the loss of one of our most popular riders, and,if as reported on social media, let go under very unprofessional circumstances.seems that this may leave a bitter taste in a lot of peoples mouths.come on promotion, what the hell is going on, especially with a team who we know are much better than this.also,i know that the meeting was pretty much lost early doors ,but using the tac sub at heat 13 when we were already twelve points down, come on!was this just a token gesture to appease the crowd?i,now,cannot wait for the season to finish because everything seems to be pretty much shambolic.u.t.t

3 hours ago, Shaggy said:

Getting rid of Jan was a bad move in my opinion. Sure he won't be hitting the double figures but as seen last season if you give him a place and let him stay there then he can come good as a hard-hitting reserve or even a number 2 which could also move Kurtz into a number 4 role where he should be (imo)

Sorry, but Jan was a great reserve last year, but in the main body of the team this year he was pants. Replacing him with Broc was a risk, but the right thing to do as it turns out.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

i was stood near the pits gate last night and the whole demeanour of the team didn't appear to seem right, yes the season has not been very good, going out of all competitions and taking the two heavy home beatings also but in contrast you could see the togetherness as a team in redcar,especially ben barker, much as he's not everyones cup of tea he did a true captains role and was out most races motivating the team and all credit to him, all this in stark contrast in the tigers camp.for all riders to be losing form is not right.something down at sheffield speedway is not right, culminating in what appears to be the loss of one of our most popular riders, and,if as reported on social media, let go under very unprofessional circumstances.seems that this may leave a bitter taste in a lot of peoples mouths.come on promotion, what the hell is going on, especially with a team who we know are much better than this.also,i know that the meeting was pretty much lost early doors ,but using the tac sub at heat 13 when we were already twelve points down, come on!was this just a token gesture to appease the crowd?i,now,cannot wait for the season to finish because everything seems to be pretty much shambolic.u.t.t

Surely team spirit is down to the team manager and the management, not doing a great job at Leicester either.

1 minute ago, bigcatdiary said:

Surely team spirit is down to the team manager and the management, not doing a great job at Leicester either.

but was obviously doing the business last season so what has changed?maybe has taken on a bit too much in only his second season as managers don't know, but as i said, something is amiss.

Really don’t see how Steady can be taking any flak for this - what can he do?? He can’t make people gate or take different lines when in mid race or stop breakdowns... everybody was singing his praises last year with his tactical awareness etc, really don’t see that his management skills have gone away, the team performance has just hit a cliff for some reason.

it is curious how the entire team have forgotten how to gate, wonder if the track set up has changed somehow and it is just catching them out? 

5 minutes ago, Cue Ball said:

Really don’t see how Steady can be taking any flak for this - what can he do?? He can’t make people gate or take different lines when in mid race or stop breakdowns... everybody was singing his praises last year with his tactical awareness etc, really don’t see that his management skills have gone away, the team performance has just hit a cliff for some reason.

it is curious how the entire team have forgotten how to gate, wonder if the track set up has changed somehow and it is just catching them out? 

see what you mean although track set up would not affect riders gating.surely this is not down to riders lowering averages for next season?

Sheffield aren't a bad side but you can't expect much when riders such as Howarth, Kurtz, Bjerre and maybe Wright have reached their level. They're good riders but they won't improve by the margins you need to win a league imo. Nicol is a good signing for the future and Shanes is probably worth another go, maybe Howarth or Wright too, but outside of that I'd tear it up and start again with just those 3.

Just hope there is a team next year - Mole already commented a while back about the stick they were getting and some of the comments on Facebook etc wouldn’t exactly entice me (if I was in their position) to bother risking my cash just to get abuse

Congratulations to the Bears last night  rode as a team and totally took us apart from start to the finish.

For the Tigers well we just rolled over and let the Bears have it.

Another totally pathetic performance from some of the Tigers (I will exclude the two reserves, Broc Nicol and to a lesser extent Kyle Howarth)

The whole place has a feeling that we have just given up and accept the wooden spoon.

To some of the riders with what appear no desire to a Promotion that leaves the fans on the 1st and 2nd bend in darkness (never thought I would see the day where I needed to use a torch from a mobile phone to fill in the programme).

Really beginning to wonder whether its really worth my while going for what little is left of the season. 

Yeah we noticed you lot on the first turn were in the dark while the rest of the stadium was lit,are the lights still there or have they stripped them out ahead of the demolition thats about to happen?

4 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Yeah we noticed you lot on the first turn were in the dark while the rest of the stadium was lit,are the lights still there or have they stripped them out ahead of the demolition thats about to happen?

No word of a lie. The lights came on after heat 15. Couldn't make it up...

3 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Can't blame Steady for any of this, he was gutted after the Lakeside meeting, tried his damnedest to fire them up with no response. Last night he had a go at Charles Wright in the pits, telling him if he missed the gate to at least make an effort to catch the man in front instead of keeping an eye on the man behind! When Charles made the gate in heat 13 he was away as usual, but it didn't seem to work for any of the others did it.

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

The home straight was in darkness too!!

Edited by Hel'n'Back

Nothing suspicious, you know Sheffield's big boys just couldn't find that elusive set up for 2 weeks on the spin.