British Speedway Forum
Blackadder

Sheffield v Redcar SGBCL 09/08/2018 @ 19.30

14 hours ago, Steve55 said:

As I remember he wasn't there long enough for anything to be delivered! Did the same to Glasgow as well.

Quite possibly because they were long on promises and slow on delivery.

12 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Surely team spirit is down to the team manager and the management, not doing a great job at Leicester either.

I don't recall any questions being raised last season and you don't become a bad team manager overnight.  

1 hour ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Quite possibly because they were long on promises and slow on delivery.

I don't recall any questions being raised last season and you don't become a bad team manager overnight.  

like i said, not down to manager, i think that there is more to this behind the scenes

Steady was a great rider for Tigers.but that does not mean he will be a good team manager.Also managing two teams is not ideal,time for a change at Sheffield  perhaps bringing Booie  or Jack Lee back would help both are their every week.And both good tactical men just a thought.

Very surprised to see Sheffield totally capitulate, I would have had them down for a play off place. In football parlance it seems the management have lost the dressing room.

Edited by bellevueace

15 hours ago, speedy bill said:

Steady was a great rider for Tigers.but that does not mean he will be a good team manager.Also managing two teams is not ideal,time for a change at Sheffield  perhaps bringing Booie  or Jack Lee back would help both are their every week.And both good tactical men just a thought.

Maybe Simon will go of his own accord, how can he manage and motivate a team with the owners rampaging and undermining him? It's their train set!

No real number one and no decent reserve mixed with inconsistent top 5 are the reason this team has failed.

3 hours ago, Pinny said:

No real number one and no decent reserve mixed with inconsistent top 5 are the reason this team has failed.

From comments on here it would seem that team spirit is very low, maybe Josh Bates is being missed just as much for his good humour and attitude as his riding?