British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Sheffield 11/08/18 7:00pm Ch

So this Saturday night the Comets are up against the Sheffield Tigers who have gone through quite a sticky patch at home recently so will be out to claw a few points back if they can.

The Comets need to at least win all their home meetings to be in with a chance of the Play offs.

Weather for Saturday night keeps changing, currently the rain is due to come in some time on Saturday night, hopefully some time after 9:00 pm!!

Comets to hit 60 going by Sheffields current form

23 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Comets to hit 60 going by Sheffields current form

thats torn it ...

Look out for sick notes and guests, it usually happens after a car park discussion at Owlerton between rider and promotion then all of a sudden food poisoning strikes and rider is replaced not that i'm suggesting that happened with Wood or JPB, but it did

• Haha 1

Nothing to do with Saturdays meeting, but does anyone know the team for the comets on Sunday, heard a rumour we will be without 2 of our Danes !! Was thinking of going to rough park, but won't if we only have half a team !!

welcome to the mushroom club . 

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Nothing to do with Saturdays meeting, but does anyone know the team for the comets on Sunday, heard a rumour we will be without 2 of our Danes !! Was thinking of going to rough park, but won't if we only have half a team !!

I am also seriously concerned that we may only be allowed two NL GUESTS to cover for Rene and Nicolai who will most likely be riding in Poland !  I think this is more likely than less likely. 

7 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

I am also seriously concerned that we may only be allowed two NL GUESTS to cover for Rene and Nicolai who will most likely be riding in Poland !  I think this is more likely than less likely. 

Poland has priority on Sunday therefore FULL facilities will be available if required

IF you end up with NL guests it will be through choice rather than any regulatory block

29 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Poland has priority on Sunday therefore FULL facilities will be available if required

IF you end up with NL guests it will be through choice rather than any regulatory block

Yes 'The Font '

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Yes 'The Font '

Its usually a different 4 letter word ending in nt that you call me Baldy :)

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Its usually a different 4 letter word ending in nt that you call me Baldy :)

I just didn't think think I could use that word on here..Let's give it a try.......mint

Honestly

Attempt number 3 at a post!!! I am thinking of changing my name to Totally Controversial John

However here goes

Firstly I must apologise to all my loved ones, family, friends and Stuart Robson as I vowed that I would never post on here, but  here is something totally non-controversial just for the mushrooms. Having been a Speedway junkie from 1968 to 1984 then doing the Army, Job, Family and Kids thing more professionally I was lost to the sport for 25 years coming back in 2009 where I have remained loyal ever since. So that's me!!!

The latest position as far as I am aware on up and coming Workington meetings is as follows.  it certainly looks like Workington will be using two national league guests against Newcastle on Sunday as the FULL facility as mentioned is only available for the top two leagues in Poland and as Rene and Nicolai ride in tier/league three  you don't get a facility. Not great but it is certainly no making or fault of the promotion and not much they can do about the situation, although they have tried.

Furthermore Dan will be missing the next couple of Saturdays due to other commitments however there will be a facility for him and I believe Rider Replacement will be utilised

Regards

THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn

Well thats saved a few quid bewley missing sat and  nic and rene on sun no way will be going  to watch "patched up sides " just a thought  buy did bewley sign for polish club after us if so should we not have first call, is it a fixture he is riding on sat or required for practice , and 2 nl guests on sun is a joke , if was run as planned tonight at home no probs hang your head in shame "bspa" chiefs.

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Posted on our Twitter page we are only allowed NL guests ...