British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Sheffield 11/08/18 7:00pm Ch

14 minutes ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

In answer to your question Geoff100, no chance whatsoever.

So we are told to rearrange our fixtures months after they were agreed and then get penalised for doing so.........................................

A class of 5 year olds would be hard pushed to make a bigger hash of things than the present bunch of jokers who are meant to run the sport in this country.

With so few teams/fixtures and the long hot summer we have had it should have been a piece of cake this year.

And as others have said, 2 NL guests pottering around at the back just makes a mockery of what is meant to be sport.

More to follow......again the silence is deafening. No doubt there is plenty going on behind the scenes, but what about the supporters?

Its a consequence of the appalling, selfish actions of the BSPA I had not thought of - and this may not be the last occasion, either. 

Speedway descends yet lower - if that were possible - by forcing a club to change the dates of their fixtures and when they do, denies them a proper facility for riders absent as a result of the change of dates.

Defies description :angry:

• Like 8

We go to Speedway to hopefully see our own riders if not injured, no offence to Dan and the others who are just trying to make a living and gain experience but it’s the fans and the teams chances of getting silverware that suffer.

:oops:

Hmmm I wonder why people are staying way from meetings.

Edited by topaz325
  • Like 2

Is there a chance we could employ Adam Roynon for Sunday, he's still racing isn't he? :unsure:

Sunday is not a rearranged fixture... but yet we obviously were never going to have our 2 riders... it is an absolute joke and this has sickened me! Raging is an understatement.... how convenient Workington are hampered yet again... i hope this one is rained off 4 sure!

Edited by shazza13
Addition
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Bang out of order what's happening to Workington.

Also because of all the fixture delays you will have a meaningless fixture against Newcastle at the end of the season unless they are allowed to race the KOC match and count it as a league match also.

I'm not Workington fan, but I think it's just all wrong, someone somewhere has it in for them, and it's not on. 

• Like 3

My understanding is that facilities are only given for Extraleague and Div 1 matches, Div 2 fixtures don’t get facilities and the riders should ride in the U.K, if they don’t then the riders or the club are liable for sanctions from the SCB.

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I'm not Workington fan, but I think it's just all wrong, someone somewhere has it in for them, and it's not on. 

The way Speedway is being run as an entirety at present is not on. Buster Chapman did his best to bring the sport to its knees last year and what has anyone heard from him this year......... not a lot! Same with Godfrey and his telephone advice for which he got away with, you'd think he'd have kept his head down as well, but no, he's had to stick his fingers into the fixture list and balls it up for Friday night fixtures ..... for all but Scunthorpe! 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

My understanding is that facilities are only given for Extraleague and Div 1 matches, Div 2 fixtures don’t get facilities and the riders should ride in the U.K, if they don’t then the riders or the club are liable for sanctions from the SCB.

So if thats the case y are our 2 riding in Poland???

9 minutes ago, shazza13 said:

So if thats the case y are our 2 riding in Poland???

££££££ ??????

• Like 1

oh well . welcome to Josh Embleton on Sunday .  unless of course he is riding in the N.L. or Poland . double ! ! i am sure Sunday will not be hard for Wucky to get N.L. guests ! or is Sunday a day for relaxing ?

Not sure if correct but have heard if comets qualify in the top 4 for play offs and all fixtures are not completed then we Do Not qualify for the play offs !!! You could not make it up, maybe wrong but who knows

1 minute ago, jenga said:

oh well . welcome to Josh Embleton on Sunday .  unless of course he is riding in the N.L. or Poland . double ! ! i am sure Sunday will not be hard for Wucky to get N.L. guests ! or is Sunday a day for relaxing ?

He will be at Coventry riding for Birmingham in the NL !

13 minutes ago, Neila said:

Not sure if correct but have heard if comets qualify in the top 4 for play offs and all fixtures are not completed then we Do Not qualify for the play offs !!! You could not make it up, maybe wrong but who knows

It’s always been the case that the top 4 in situ at the cut off date qualify, of course that’s subject to change like a lot of things currently.