British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Sheffield 11/08/18 7:00pm Ch

If the club tell us we aren't allowed a facility for sunday then that is good enough for myself. One thing that is absolutely clear is that something is badly wrong when the supporters and entertainment levels are at the bottom of the list of priorities of those mismanaging the sport. This completely defies logic and is quite simply shocking.

• Like 3

I really do think that all the problems that Workington have had this season is down to them not being in attendance at the AGM

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Argos said:

I really do think that all the problems that Workington have had this season is down to them not being in attendance at the AGM

there is a time when some promotions cannot attend these  meetings . you just have to roll with it ! + other Friday night teams did attend and may or may not be affected .

Edited by jenga

8 hours ago, Argos said:

I think that has very little to do with it.  The fixtures were announced before the season started with Workington having a few Friday meetings in it, but the carpet has been pulled from under their feet in that regard.  The promoters of all teams due at Workington on those Friday's must have agreed to the fixtures, otherwise they wouldn't have been released with those fixtures listed.

Not to worry though it's all "in the best interest for the sport."

• Like 6

Because of the irresponsible and arguably barely legal action of the BSPA in insisting we change our pre agreed friday fixtures the situation with Dan , Rene and Nicolai will happen again. On the face of it we have been well stitched up !. We should definitely consider the threat of legal action against the decision because of the indeterminate deleterious impact this action will have on club finances . 

7 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

Because of the irresponsible and arguably barely legal action of the BSPA in insisting we change our pre agreed friday fixtures the situation with Dan , Rene and Nicolai will happen again. On the face of it we have been well stitched up !. We should definitely consider the threat of legal action against the decision because of the indeterminate deleterious impact this action will have on club finances

Not just Workington's finances, but when they are away from home (like on Sunday vs Newcastle), I am sure fans will think twice about turning up, so it could/will (delete where applicable) affect other club's finances too.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You can see this being the final nail in Workington coffin IMO .Sadly.Unless someone else steps in.

Would Keith Denham come back?  And, if he did, would the Comets fans welcome him back?  

Not saying for one minute that Laura, Steve etc., should go, but if they were, just asking the question.

1 minute ago, StevePark said:

Would Keith Denham come back?  And, if he did, would the Comets fans welcome him back?  

Not saying for one minute that Laura, Steve etc., should go, but if they were, just asking the question.

I also hoping Laura sticks with it,but she must be really p#ssed off how this season has went.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Not just Workington's finances, but when they are away from home (like on Sunday vs Newcastle), I am sure fans will think twice about turning up, so it could/will (delete where applicable) affect other club's finances too.

Agree absolutely Steve, you would think the people making these decisions had a vendetta against the sport itself as crazy as that idea sounds. I certainly think based on what we see that they lack foresight and sound judgement.

• Like 2

I have always thought keith would not see it closed could he work with laura or someone else? Apart from them 2 who else is their?

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

I have always thought keith would not see it closed could he work with laura or someone else? Apart from them 2 who else is their?

why the talk about closure , support the team now and see if we can have a great  finish to the season . then you can worry about 2019 . i thought it was a sheffield/glasgow fan making these remarks . come on geoff , think pos a tive .

Come on guys stick together and make sure your club sees it through the tough times.......looking forward to my visit next week.....great track and and club and supporters.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OdsalBoy said:

On current form i can only see the Tigers getting a good romping here.

dont be darft .