British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Sheffield 11/08/18 7:00pm Ch

47 minutes ago, jenga said:

why the talk about closure , support the team now and see if we can have a great  finish to the season . then you can worry about 2019 . i thought it was a sheffield/glasgow fan making these remarks . come on geoff , think pos a tive .

I was just reacting to another post jenga u know i always think positive and would never dissagree with u !

A point is better than expected. Well done for putting the effort in during the second half of the meeting.

• Like 1

Worky had this won a long way out,sensibly took their foot off the gas when the rains came,all about getting the fixtures in and getting the points which they duly did

• Like 1

On 8/10/2018 at 3:18 PM, Shaggy said:

I'll hop on the A69 and start the rain dance on Sunday morning :P 

Sorry, everyone! Nearly lost it for the Comets but thought I'd get the boogie-woogie going earlier than I planned 

2 hours ago, gregory peck said:

Well bjerre is listed as riding,sacking rescinded or unfounded nonsense? 

Hardly unfounded when it came from the horses mouth and it confirmed by Nike Lunna

Well done Sheffield, our first away point

6 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Hardly unfounded when it came from the horses mouth and it confirmed by Nike Lunna

Well done Sheffield, our first away point

Hasn't been sacked either,in which case he's made a bit of a berk of himself

34 minutes ago, gregory peck said:

Hasn't been sacked either,in which case he's made a bit of a berk of himself

He said he had been told he had been sacked, that was confirmed, what happened after that we don't know

presumably someone realised without a ready made replacement it was a stupid thing to say

not sure it is Bjerre that looks a berk

• Like 5

The weather played a big part in this meeeting, first of all in how the forecast influenced track prep and then the heavy rain turned the remaining races into a bit of a lottery.  I didn't think the last heat was going to be run especially after the time delay following heat 14 with the rain still falling i was a bit surprised when the bikes came out.  Before the rain the racing wasn't brilliant but a good few races were close . The Comets built up a decent cushion which we eventually needed because we generally lost our way in the wet conditions . Congratulations to Young Kyle Bickley on his 4 points from 3 rides, he his developing more of a racing edge now which is good to see.  We got the 3 points  we needed, not sure the Tigers would have got a point if the weather hadn't intervened but they probably deserved it as more of their riders adapted better to the changing conditions.

• Like 1

The rain spoilt a decent meeting .. the scoreline flattered Sheffield, when the rain started and our boys knew we had the cushion they didn’t risk themselves .. crazy how heat 15 was ran when Sheffield couldn’t win the meeting but Mr Bates thought they were only 3 points behind thinking Charles had scored double points in his tac ride :rofl:  so wanted the race run .. 3 points nice one boys :t:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, Argos said:

I really do think that all the problems that Workington have had this season is down to them not being in attendance at the AGM

I know Tony Jackson personally, quite well, and I can assure you that he could not attend the AGM because of personal family commitments (and believe me you would not wish to have those commitments yourself !). 

His place would have been taken by other management members, but I also know for a fact that they had untimely personal family commitments too !!  

I appreciate you werent inferring it, but please....no-one should think that our management just simply "couldnt be bothered" to attend the AGM. If you knew just how MUCH of his personal time Tony Jackson puts in week in and week out to sort team issues out, you would find it almost impossible to believe !  And he has a full time job to go to, plus he has long term family commitments to battle with on a daily basis too...so lets give him some credit !

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Couldnt get last night work again but second son went for first time in 15 yrs with his 2 lads and they luved it will be going everyweek ,now if only we could find a few more like that !

• Like 5

i think most people @ workington have a wee bit of knowledge as to why no management were available for the AGM . its just a few outsiders putting their spin on it and causing upsets . about the AGM.

tony jackson deserves a huge amount of credit for the day to day running of a speedway club . a fan of many , many years . a truly nice and approachable guy . 

if speedway had a tony jackson in every club , none of the r u bb i s h that goes on in speedway would be happening . tony is up there with the legends of workington riders and promoters .

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Third Man said:

He said he had been told he had been sacked, that was confirmed, what happened after that we don't know

presumably someone realised without a ready made replacement it was a stupid thing to say

not sure it is Bjerre that looks a berk

The way he was riding before the heavens opened up I'd say quite a few club's would like a berk like him? :D