British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Sheffield 11/08/18 7:00pm Ch

Riding in Poland. And because this is a rearranged fixture Poland Take priority 

Never posted on here before, first followed Comets 47 years ago.

Firstly,the BSPA should not allow the scenario that requires us to use two NL guests on Sunday against Newcastle.If,as some have suggested,we are using NL guests through choice,then that's me done with speedway.My favourite sporting pastime has been ruined by idiots.

Edited by Micknick

Thanks for that, I’ll not be going to Workington now, very disappointed 

1 hour ago, Liz !!! said:

Rearranged fixture so R/R on Sat for Dan and NL guests on Sunday at Newcastle

Sunday’s not a re-arranged fixture though so confused as to why we are only allowed NL guests ? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Sunday’s not a re-arranged fixture though so confused as to why we are only allowed NL guests ? 

Waa it not  changed with the cup match the other week ?

13 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

With international race night priority I thought full guests would be allowed

It may be that priority only applies to the extraliga on Sundays and therefore no facility if not riding in that top division

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Only going by the statement from the club, I think we must have shuffled something somewhere which has resulted in it being a rearranged fixture :S

re arranged fixture from friday to saturday . thank you bspa . you are doing us proud .

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR ONE BIG LEAGUE NEXT YEAR , BECAUSE I WILL NOT BE GOING . you cant even organise  10 home league fixtures . proper muppets 

run by MINDLESS morons .for the benefit of theme selves .

2 nl guests is a joke  . 

why are we not informed of changes earlier , are clubs scared fans will not turn up ?

lets all pray for a weekend of rain then .!

Edited by jenga
  • Like 4

Should even things up - looks like Sheffield sacked Bjerre last night, not withholding his services so I suppose we will with a NL guest too

Shame it couldn't gone ahead earlier in the season with two full teams.All those dry Friday's and Saturdays that have been wasted ? Only in speedway ?

• Like 3

This farce of a season just get's more farcical the longer it goes on? :angry:

Hopefully a nice rain storm will engulf Brough Park on Sunday and we can save another fixture for a later date? :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lord Lucan said:

This farce of a season just get's more farcical the longer it goes on? :angry:

Hopefully a nice rain storm will engulf Brough Park on Sunday and we can save another fixture for a later date? :D

I'll hop on the A69 and start the rain dance on Sunday morning :P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Even if it rains on sunday they will still be needed in poland when its rearranged , what are the changes george english would give us a date when we had a full team esp.with rene at reserve .the sport and NOT the comets management is a joke now and if.someone like me been watching since 1970 is fed up what chance have we got with floating fans turning up .

• Like 3

In answer to your question Geoff100, no chance whatsoever.

So we are told to rearrange our fixtures months after they were agreed and then get penalised for doing so.........................................

A class of 5 year olds would be hard pushed to make a bigger hash of things than the present bunch of jokers who are meant to run the sport in this country.

With so few teams/fixtures and the long hot summer we have had it should have been a piece of cake this year.

And as others have said, 2 NL guests pottering around at the back just makes a mockery of what is meant to be sport.

More to follow......again the silence is deafening. No doubt there is plenty going on behind the scenes, but what about the supporters?

Edited by Carlislecomet2