British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Somerset. Prem B. 13/8/18 BT Sports.

Next Monday sees a top of the table clash, live on BT sports, between Poole and Somerset. The winners go to the top of the table. 

Poole and Somerset are both at full strength and it should be a really good, exciting encounter, providing we don’t get 5 minutes of drizzle.

Let’s hope the track is as good as it was a week ago when the track staff watered it the night before. 

Somerset have a team who can all ride Wimborne Road so we have to be on top form to continue the push for top spot and the choice of our opponents in the semi finals.

I am expecting a close meeting with only a few points in it.

Thoughts?

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Next Monday sees a top of the table clash, live on BT sports, between Poole and Somerset. The winners go to the top of the table. 

Poole and Somerset are both at full strength and it should be a really good, exciting encounter, providing we don’t get 5 minutes of drizzle.

Let’s hope the track is as good as it was a week ago when the track staff watered it the night before. 

Somerset have a team who can all ride Wimborne Road so we have to be on top form to continue the push for top spot and the choice of our opponents in the semi finals.

Thoughts?

Depends what weather we get Steve, theres no point in shoving bowsers loads on the night before if the forcast is either overcast or cooler than it has been.

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not necessarily.....if Somerset win narrowly and Lynn are able to thrash Wolves at home on the same night we would go top.

Deflecting of  the crap verses the Lions.Might work for some :rofl:

25 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So not a top  of the table clash then 

7 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Depends what weather we get Steve, theres no point in shoving bowsers loads on the night before if the forcast is either overcast or cooler than it has been.

Already getting excuses ready for the track?

1 hour ago, OldRacer said:

Already getting excuses ready for the track?

Deluded at best arnt you.  Clearly you have absolutely no idea whatsoever. No we are not getting excuss's in, we wont need them.

25 minutes ago, ouch said:

I can forecast this already. 

DULL. 

Take it you wont be watching then ? Nobodys forcing you to.

Don't think a lot of your fans will be judging by there comments on social media regarding the farce last night.

My prediction, Shovlar to tell us how good the meeting will be and how good the track has been all season. When it's on TV, the track is shite as per usual, Shovlar to come on here defending us telling us it is a one-off. The following week Poole have a meeting that isn't on TV and Shovlar tells us how good the track is once again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Thoughts?

Doubt the track will need much overnight watering with the forecast for Sunday being torrential rain and the occasional light shower on Monday morning!

I think this will be a close one but Poole should have the edge - but will it be an edge of more than 6 points? Hmmm...

Go on you Aussie Rebels!

Somerset have four of us, Pirates only two.

No contest.

• Like 1

Making my first visit to Wimborne Road for many a season on Monday with the whole family in tow! It will be the first live speedway for my 4 year old Logan too so we will see what he makes of it all.

Come on you Rebels!!

• Like 1