British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Somerset. Prem B. 13/8/18 BT Sports.

Only the close scoreline to maintain any interest because the racing was fairly dull. Amazed how many jumped starts the ref let go, so fair play to Bomber for doing it in the last to clinch the meeting.

• Like 1

Track's rough and slick, quite an achievement.  That said, I thought there was some reasonable racing/passing.  Better than last week when I was there.

Have to say I was disappointed with Freddie - having heard so much about him - he looked pretty poor.  Put it down to an off night

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, salty said:

Only the close scoreline to maintain any interest because the racing was fairly dull. Amazed how many jumped starts the ref let go, so fair play to Bomber for doing it in the last to clinch the meeting.

Not one was pulled back. 3 from the Pirates.

• Sad 1

From the bottom to the top of the league now the hard part is staying there.

It's great having Bomber riding for Poole rather than against us!  Well done Somerset who deserved a hard-earned point.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Harris jumped the start, what a joke.

Yeah I thought that as well. BT chose not to look at it. 

Back of the net..........TOP of the league 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, salty said:

Yes she let 3 Pirates jump the starts.She done this at Lynn the other week too letting a couple of Lynn riders jump plus one from,i think it was Swindon.Remember joking she must have been doing her nails at the time.

Seemed to be a hole appearing turns 1&2 again,see a couple of riders hit it Harris in a earlier heat and Doyle a couple of times in ht 15.Is this the norm at Poole or was this just a once off.

16 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Have to say I was disappointed with Freddie - having heard so much about him - he looked pretty poor.  Put it down to an off night

Yes it is a shame. He has been brilliant for us otherwise. 

9 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Yes she let 3 Pirates jump the starts.She done this at Lynn the other week too letting a couple of Lynn riders jump plus one from,i think it was Swindon.Remember joking she must have been doing her nails at the time.

Seemed to be a hole appearing turns 1&2 again,see a couple of riders hit it Harris in a earlier heat and Doyle a couple of times in ht 15.Is this the norm at Poole or was this just a once off.

Good for her. Pulling races back all the time is driving people away from the sport. Wasn't there an objective to not pull races back this year?

Anyway, Harris didn't jump the start. He just gated well. 

Somerset deserved a point, Harris and Grazjonek great for Poole, the track not so great........what happened to all the track work over the winter!

4 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Good for her. Pulling races back all the time is driving people away from the sport. Wasn't there an objective to not pull races back this year?

Anyway, Harris didn't jump the start. He just gated well. 

That's fair enough if every ref applies the same.She is the only one i have seen who consistently lets it go.I'm happy providing riders don't touch the tapes to let it go.But every ref has to sing from the same hymn book.

• Like 1

Glad my campaigning worked at the start of the season.

I said 3 changes needed to be made if we wanted to reach the play-offs/win the league.

I also said Sundstrom, Szczepaniak & Shanes had to go.

3 changes I got.

3 riders who I wanted out got sacked or left.

Now look at where we are.