British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Somerset. Prem B. 13/8/18 BT Sports.

Racing much better than I would expect at Wimbourne Rd.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, tellboy said:

That's fair enough if every ref applies the same.She is the only one i have seen who consistently lets it go.I'm happy providing riders don't touch the tapes to let it go.But every ref has to sing from the same hymn book.

Maybe, but they said at the start of the year that they were going to make less restarts, so maybe she's the one who is doing it right.

Well I thought we had blown it just before heat 13. But Pirates dug deep to get the win to put us top of the league baby!:cheers:

Admit the racing wasn’t up to the usual Wimborne Road standards but sods law when the meeting is on TV this happens. Not as good as the Kings Lynn demolision job a couple of weeks back but we had proper opposition tonight which kept it tense.

Brady had a complete mare, along with Freddie. Both had their worst meetings of the season. We can and will only get better. 

A few decent heats played out in front of a decent if not packed crowd. I would imagine it will be double tonight when we meet again on bank holiday Monday. Someone posted that Pearson said it was a big crowd. Compared to other clubs tonights would have seemed big.

Harris got motm but I would have given it to Josh for his best performance of the season. If Brady and Freddie had got their act in order it would have been a much bigger win but Somerset deserved their point tonight.

Here’s the unedited press conference.

Just heard that Freddie Jackobsen buggered his clutch after 3 starts to heat 2. They tried to fix it but no good so changed it but he was up against Doyle and Holder in his third....

From Freddie himself.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Four :cheers:words.

Top of the league!

As a result of last week's fiasco, and the  added chance of a few drops of rain, we decided to save our £30 and watch it on BT at home. I thought it was a pretty good advert for Speedway in general, with the final result being decided in the last heat. Spills, thrills and overtaking.  In my effort to try to re-enact the "Speedway"  experience, at half time, I asked my mate if he wanted something to eat.  He said that he would prefer a hot dog, so after popping out in to my "Gourmet" kitchen, unfortunately, I had to give him the news that I didn't have any hot dog rolls, or onions. Just like actually being at the meeting eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder where DC2 is? He has been piping on all season taking the P out of Pirates. Looks like all that P taking has now come along and bitten him firmly on the arse. :lol:

Top of the league with a meeting in hand over Swindon, who are here next Wednesday. Luckily for them we are two men down so have every chance of getting something out of the meeting.

Next stop a week tonight and the Rebels v Pirates on BT.

• Like 1

Is the Poole track normally that poor bikes seemed to bouncing about a lot 

5 hours ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Bit Strong Shovlar, only reporting what's on my twitter feed.

I'm sure that was Harris riding tonight, might be mistaken

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

Figment of your imagination mate... Do you have a local specsavers.. ?

2 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

Nothing wrong with the track other than it was a little slicker than usual. Josh stated at the press conference he was here yesterday that water was running over the third bend and it was spongy there and a little spongyness on bend one due to the heavy rain. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

The idiot should be banned.

8 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Do you  know thats funny, because swear that was Chris Harris riding tonight... Especially in heat 15...To many sturrers about mate, trying to feed the clubs fans  duff imformation.. Word to all poole fans, believe nothing untill its made official via the club website.. Anyway what was the score, oh yeh, we won, now what league position are we in, oh yeh, top...:party:

Edited by Starman2006

15 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Figment of your imagination mate... Do you have a local specsavers.. ?

Not trying to be funny or sarcastic mate just thought it appeared bumpy  and I do actually go to specsavers for my glasses lol 

1 minute ago, r8gdp said:

Not trying to be funny or sarcastic mate just thought it appeared bumpy  and I do actually go to specsavers for my glasses lol 

It was bumpy evident to anyone watching. Even Kelvin mentioned it.