British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Somerset. Prem B. 13/8/18 BT Sports.

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Nice impartial post mate, well done.

Starman, have to call it as you see it.   Thankfully Poole have riders who are inconsistent otherwise they would really run away with it.  Josh, has not really been at this season, but is now finding some form.  The 2 Reserves are questionably the best 2 in the League, but last night one might as well not have been there.   Harris wasn't really pulling up any trees at Rye.  Kutz, as we saw last night can have a stinker.  Klint is ya ultimate gating tart, and is  trap to line rider, but has his nights when he seems not to want to know.

When they get to the play-offs, if they all perform on the night then they are home and hosed.  That's how it looks to me from the outside.  If however that inconsistent form raises its head at the wrong time, then it could end up being embarrassing.

As the saying goes, its all theirs to lose.   I am sure all true, honest Poole fans will see it exactly that way.

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Why would the mods ban someone who is reporting what is being said on Twitter. Hardly my fault. 

Did they force you to post it on here then? No? So then it IS your fault.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Did they force you to post it on here then? No? So then it IS your fault.  

Lets see the screen grab of the tweet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

They were asked before but didn’t prove it. Truth probably is someone (who has no input  to Bomber) suggested he will pull out. 

Bomber clearly said nothing of the sort as anyone who follows Bomber on Twitter will testify too. Made me look and there was no mention. So someone is spreading damaging rumours.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Lynn's issues are down to the kind of shale used, great for stock cars and bangers but too grippy for good speedway. Lumps, bumps and holes wouldn't solve the problem. Who wants to see riders making mistakes on every corner or being thrown off line? The best speedway racing we see on telly is when tracks are smooth and riders have the confidence to race wheel to wheel without fear of piling up due to a bumpy track.

Iversen asked in his Tweet 'what happened to the good old Poole?' suggesting he used to enjoy the track and it used to be smoother. Are we saying the racing is now better because of the lumps and bumps?

He also said that Poole isn't the only track. Funny that Belle Vue doesn't have lumps and bumps yet produces the best speedway in the UK.

Ah so Iversen didn't actually say it was bumpy then? 

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

The lumps and bumps were there for all to see last night. Vindicated what Iversen had to say a couple of weeks ago.

What Iversen and that Lambert said had nothing to do with bumps. Keep chopping on the grapes..

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

They were asked before but didn’t prove it. Truth probably is someone (who has no input  to Bomber) suggested he will pull out. 

Bomber clearly said nothing of the sort as anyone who follows Bomber on Twitter will testify too. Made me look and there was no mention. So someone is spreading damaging rumours.

Correct i follow bomber nothing

• Like 1

Boring racing I thought, close meeting made it interesting, but 'interesting' is the best you can describe last nights meeting. But I must have watched a different meeting Pearson called it a great meeting and his sycophant followers chipped in with comments like fantastic meeting, brilliant speedway.

As for Pearson, another 14 odd 'here we go' at the start.   Can you imagine if a cricket commentator started every bowlers run up with the same line.   Those that are tight with him, give the poor chap some feedback to help him out... perhaps he can start a race with 'away they go', or 'the race is about to start'..... I could probably come up with 15 variations if needed.

He must confuse the hell out of causal viewers with his scoring, if it stays like this it will be a 4-2, but if this and if that all within a race. FFS man, call the score in 60 seconds once the race ends.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheReturn said:

Boring racing I thought, close meeting made it interesting, but 'interesting' is the best you can describe last nights meeting. But I must have watched a different meeting Pearson called it a great meeting and his sycophant followers chipped in with comments like fantastic meeting, brilliant speedway.

As for Pearson, another 14 odd 'here we go' at the start.   Can you imagine if a cricket commentator started every bowlers run up with the same line.   Those that are tight with him, give the poor chap some feedback to help him out... perhaps he can start a race with 'away they go', or 'the race is about to start'..... I could probably come up with 15 variations if needed.

He must confuse the hell out of causal viewers with his scoring, if it stays like this it will be a 4-2, but if this and if that all within a race. FFS man, call the score in 60 seconds once the race ends.

Hate to think what you would make of the Polish commentators on NSport who have shreiking orgasms over the mike about a from the gate 3-3.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheReturn said:

And what club do you support ?

56 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Agreed Brum, thats why ive said to Poole fans only go on whats on the official site, Riders will tell Matt he will get it updated on our Official site.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Hate to think what you would make of the Polish commentators on NSport who have shreiking orgasms over the mike about a from the gate 3-3.

Or the boring racing and poor crowds  they usually have from Sweden .

6 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Agreed Brum, thats why ive said to Poole fans only go on whats on the official site, Riders will tell Matt he will get it updated on our Official site.

Or it could be a completely made up story from the start which is entirely in keeping with the poster in question.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There won't be one because there isn't one. He is probably at home now trying to work out how he can doctor a tweet to make it look real, bit like editing a post on here!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Or it could be a completely made up story from the start which is entirely in keeping with the poster in question.

As ive said, best to refere to the official site, then you cant go wrong.