British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Somerset. Prem B. 13/8/18 BT Sports.

On 8/16/2018 at 9:44 PM, Trumpy said:

I did but that was due to poor form.

The other 3 just aren't good enough riders. Shanes is not even a good Championship reserve tbh. Szczepaniak's never been any good over here. Sundstrom is average everywhere tbh.

i think you will find that james is doing ok in the championship

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:44 PM, Trumpy said:

I did but that was due to poor form.

The other 3 just aren't good enough riders. Shanes is not even a good Championship reserve tbh. Szczepaniak's never been any good over here. Sundstrom is average everywhere tbh.

Proves how much you know, or don't know Trumpie. James is doing ok in the championship,and sadly he lost his place with us would have improved further... Nothing is instant, except your drivel..

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 12:48 PM, Starman2006 said:

Proves how much you know, or don't know Trumpie. James is doing ok in the championship,and sadly he lost his place with us would have improved further... Nothing is instant, except your drivel..

I'm not sad he lost his team place with us.

• Confused 1

On 8/13/2018 at 9:44 PM, Mr X said:

Back of the net..........TOP of the league 

Own goal more like loool.

A bit late, but was away in Dorset last week, so made first visit to Poole for a league match since attending with Racers/Bulldogs in 2007!   Took my 8 year old along for his first taste of speedway live.

Decent crowd, 2000+ I'd say - surprised the track was as dry as it was given all the rain the previous day, things got dusty quickly and the racing wasn't great!  Hosepipes (one of which had a massive leak) used after heat 10 I think from memory, to try and dampen the dust,  but they took so long getting the track staff back out, that the track was a dust bowl again by heat 11.

Closeness of the score rather than quality of racing kept things interesting, but overall I didn't get the urge to be back watching speedway week in week out, like I did up to 10 years ago!

One thing Poole definitely miss a trick on is presentation, the announcer (Nigel?) clearly is very good, but the lack of a presenter surprises me, with that sort of crowd, Poole need to do be something to engage with them and really get an atmosphere, lots of kids there so was a great chance for a mascot to entertain the kids (something like Paul the Pirate?) would surely have got a good reaction!  My nipper enjoyed Kacper Woryna pulling wheelies, but that was about it as far as something to actually get the crowd engaged.  

4 minutes ago, The H Man said:

A bit late, but was away in Dorset last week, so made first visit to Poole for a league match since attending with Racers/Bulldogs in 2007!   Took my 8 year old along for his first taste of speedway live.

Decent crowd, 2000+ I'd say - surprised the track was as dry as it was given all the rain the previous day, things got dusty quickly and the racing wasn't great!  Hosepipes (one of which had a massive leak) used after heat 10 I think from memory, to try and dampen the dust,  but they took so long getting the track staff back out, that the track was a dust bowl again by heat 11.

Closeness of the score rather than quality of racing kept things interesting, but overall I didn't get the urge to be back watching speedway week in week out, like I did up to 10 years ago!

One thing Poole definitely miss a trick on is presentation, the announcer (Nigel?) clearly is very good, but the lack of a presenter surprises me, with that sort of crowd, Poole need to do be something to engage with them and really get an atmosphere, lots of kids there so was a great chance for a mascot to entertain the kids (something like Paul the Pirate?) would surely have got a good reaction!  My nipper enjoyed Kacper Woryna pulling wheelies, but that was about it as far as something to actually get the crowd engaged.  

Can’t disagree with that. The track was not prepared by our normal guy and was much more underwatered than it should have been. Hopefully tomorrow our trackman returns.