British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Somerset. Prem B. 13/8/18 BT Sports.

7 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

I just can't wait for the reply. Every week for seasons we are told the track is amazing and then when the TV camera's arrive low and behold its bumpy that week but better the next!!

Don't get wrong, the meeting was miles better than anything we have seen at Swindon over the last couple of years, which isn't saying much. But maybe it wasn't sour grapes from NKI the other week.

The lumps and bumps at Poole have been there for years, its no secret that Matt Ford doesn't have the cash to fix it.

25 minutes ago, New Science said:

The lumps and bumps at Poole have been there for years, its no secret that Matt Ford doesn't have the cash to fix it.

Starman seemed to think the bumps were a figment of everyones imagination!!

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Wimborne Road is far far smoother than it was at the start of the season. The day of rain of Sunday made a couple of areas spongy, but to be honest why on earth would we want a billiard table of a track? It’s dirt track racing, not F1. If riders like Iversen moan and whinge about it, keep it as it is for extra home advantage! Don’t make it easier for the away team to ride.

Sure a couple of bumps appeared last night but so what? 

I totally agree with this. No one likes from the gate meetings and seeing a few mistakes makes races interesting.

22 hours ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Bit Strong Shovlar, only reporting what's on my twitter feed.

What's your twitter name then??

• Like 1

Any newcomer watching on Bt sport would be put off for life after that meeting.

A small number of passes during the meeting.. entertainment value 2 out of 10

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Any newcomer watching on Bt sport would be put off for life after that meeting.

A small number of passes during the meeting.. entertainment value 2 out of 10

That was the best league meeting on bt this season. Christ knows what you would rate the other televised meetings at. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That was the best league meeting on bt this season. Christ knows what you would rate the other televised meetings at. :lol:

Er no it wasn't.  The best league meeting was the first televised meeting this season and it was from Bellevue. 

The close score line in last night's meeting kept it interesting.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Iversen should be able to ride any track in any condition, have you seen the racing in Sweden, I haven't seen every meeting but quite a few and most of them are not smooth to say the least.

I think the reason for his moaning is that he is still recovering from injury and when he hits a bump it hurts.

How is it Lambert can overtake at Kings Lynn but Iversen  can't when the track is to his liking.

The reason the Belle Vue track is so good isn't just because it is smooth.

Well at least he rode it. Not pulling out, not letting his team or the fans down..Theres 2 very good riders I can think of who didn't give a chuff about anyone else !

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Well at least he rode it. Not pulling out, not letting his team or the fans down..Theres 2 very good riders I can think of who didn't give a chuff about anyone else !

Yes true agree with you. 

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Agreed Brum, thats why ive said to Poole fans only go on whats on the official site, Riders will tell Matt he will get it updated on our Official site.

It's what you tend to get when people so want to be the first to come up with some news. Any half a sniff they hear from anywhere and off they go.

Bit like trying to get a roller.

Edited by Bald Bloke

18 minutes ago, Badge said:

Er no it wasn't.  The best league meeting was the first televised meeting this season and it was from Bellevue. 

The close score line in last night's meeting kept it interesting.

It may not have been the best but certainly one of the better ones.

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

As ive said, best to refere to the official site, then you cant go wrong.

Well i think we all knew not to believe it 

2 hours ago, New Science said:

A lot of money has been spent on the track and its much better than it was. Last night it was affected by the rain which was why some riders struggled especially early on. 

I thought it was an ok meeting. Track wasn't great but you could see a little standing water in places so it had took a lot of rain, maybe overnight ?

The crowd looked good to me. But will take SS's word that it wasn't that good. Nice not have to look at loads of empty seats in a grandstand on TV though.. 

12 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I thought it was an ok meeting. Track wasn't great but you could see a little standing water in places so it had took a lot of rain, maybe overnight ?

The crowd looked good to me. But will take SS's word that it wasn't that good. Nice not have to look at loads of empty seats in a grandstand on TV though.. 

Nice to have a grandstand......!!:D:t: