British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

A top 10 to be proud of.

I was doing an alltime top ten the other night and how difficult is that really difficult these ten in no order would be mine be great to hear your views FUNDIN - BRIGGS- MOORE - MAUGER- CRAVEN- NIELSEN-OLSEN- CRUMP- RICKARDSSON-FARNDON.

An impossible task, Sidney. Mine changes from day-to-day! Here's today's list (in no order) - FUNDIN - MAUGER - RICKARDSSON - FARNDON - BRIGGS - HUXLEY - NIELSEN - DUGGAN - WILKINSON - YOUNG. Come back tomorrow for a new list!!!!

I have to base it riders I have seen

Mauger, Olsen, Briggs, Fundin, Moore, Michanek, Collins, Lee, Nielsen, Gundersen...but tomorrow the list may be different!

On riders seen..Fundin Mauger Briggs Olsen Nielsen Rickardsson Craven Crump Moore Knutsson

Edited by auntie doris

13 hours ago, auntie doris said:

On riders seen..Fundin Mauger Briggs Olsen Nielsen Rickardsson Craven Crump Moore Knutsson

One difference Doris Knutsson for Farndon( who we both did not see)  i also did not see Bjorn ride one of my biggest regrets.

Depends on what you want from your top ten - personally, I prefer entertainers to trophy winners and as I watched more NL speedway in the 80's than any other period, my list would probably not agree with anyone else's

Anyway, in my opinion

1) Barry Thomas -

the rest in no particular order

Alan Mogridge, Mark Loram, Andy Galvin, Martin Goodwin, Kelvin Mullarkey, Kelly Moran, Chris Morton, Tomasz Gollob, Joe Screen

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andy Downes said:

Depends on what you want from your top ten - personally, I prefer entertainers to trophy winners and as I watched more NL speedway in the 80's than any other period, my list would probably not agree with anyone else's

Anyway, in my opinion

1) Barry Thomas -

the rest in no particular order

Alan Mogridge, Mark Loram, Andy Galvin, Martin Goodwin, Kelvin Mullarkey, Kelly Moran, Chris Morton, Tomasz Gollob, Joe Screen

Barry Thomas. Kelvin Mullarkey, Andrew Silver, Bruce Forrester,Brian Foote ,Les Ott, Colin Gooddy,Malcolm Ballard, Shawn McConnell Lee Complin.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Barry Thomas. Kelvin Mullarkey, Andrew Silver, Bruce Forrester,Brian Foote ,Les Ott, Colin Gooddy,Malcolm Ballard, Shawn McConnell Lee Complin.

...nice to see 'Mad' Malc Ballard in your list Sid! Wonder whatever happened to him?  Retired far too soon after a move to Leicester via Poole in 1974.

Greatest riders Tony Rickardsson, Hans Nielsen, Ivan Mauger, Ole Olsen, Peter Collins, Michael Lee, Greg Hancock, Jason Crump, Darcy Ward, Tai Woffinden.

Greatest entertainers Barry Thomas, Zenon Plech, Tomasz Gollob, Mark Loram, Andy Galvin, Kelly Moran, Alan Mogridge, Chris Morton, Kelvin Mullarkey, Bartosz Zmarzlik

Greatest 10 I've seen: Mauger Collins Olsen Nielsen Gundersen Penhall T Rick Crump Hancock Woffy

Entertainers: Collins Morton Andy Smith Moranx2 Ward Emil Carter Nicki P Gollob

Edited by waiheke1

Top ten entertainers I have seen in the GPs, EL and PL, in no order:

Frank Smart, Tomasz Gollob, Nicki Pedersen, Andreas Jonsson, Charlie Gjedde (Newport 2011-sublime), Chris Harris, Tony Rickardsson, NK Iversen, Ben Howe (Newport) and Antonio Lindback (his early EL days). 

Not sure on best riders but a certain top 4 of:

Nicki Pedersen, Greg Hancock, Tony Rickardsson and Jason Crump.

How can anyone anyone leave Mark Loram and Joe Screen out of a list of entertainers is beyond me

How a fully grown man can beg teenage webcam tarts on twitter for naked photos is beyond me but clearly you have different views!

I'd have Ermolenko ahead of Hancock any day..more talent in his little finger and the greatest team rider I've ever seen....all the other names are fine most entertaining trio are probably Loram,Gustafsson and Screen 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Trotter65 said:

I'd have Ermolenko ahead of Hancock any day..more talent in his little finger and the greatest team rider I've ever seen....all the other names are fine most entertaining trio are probably Loram,Gustafsson and Screen 

...Hans Nielsen was the best team rider that I'd seen although I hate to admit it Ole Olsen wasn't bad! Although I only saw Ronnie Moore during his last full season in Britain (1972) many acknowledge him as one of the best of all time.

Could be the start of another interesting thread...Team Riding exponents?