British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

Lakeside v Peterborough 10/8/18

I just thought I'd start a thread for tonight's meeting, even though the weather looks dodgy. Looks like a Home win,  if it's on.

I wonder what sort of state the track is in after all the rain yesterday, a lot more of the wet stuff forecasted for this afternoon so its not good.

is there a meeting today :shock:

Better get up to speed later.

Bad choice of guest for Ully guessing there were slim pickings

18 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Bad choice of guest for Ully guessing there were slim pickings

If that's the best we can get as a guest who is the best part of 2 points below Ostergaard  average wise then we better pray for lots of rain , always going to be difficult getting anything from Lakeside with a full team out so I would expect Panthers to get a spanking should the meeting go ahead.

35 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

If that's the best we can get as a guest who is the best part of 2 points below Ostergaard  average wise then we better pray for lots of rain , always going to be difficult getting anything from Lakeside with a full team out so I would expect Panthers to get a spanking should the meeting go ahead.

Well Gents their is guests that say no thanks and those that are pleased to do it, their are also guests that look like they will do a good job and then seriously let you down, no doubt you can remember the last one at home to Sheffield who gave two completely different performances in the space of three days on pretty much identical tracks.

These days it’s about booking guests that will give you 100%, the other thing to take into account it’s at Lakeside.

If the heavy downpour that just hit Romford makes it the 10 miles to Lakeside I'd be amazed if the meeting survives.

Wouldn't be surprised if Starke wasnt in the Peterborough team for 2019 again, he seems to be a favourite of the management when a guest is required and he has not gone down well whilst riding at Glasgow. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Starke wasnt in the Peterborough team for 2019 again, he seems to be a favourite of the management when a guest is required and he has not gone down well whilst riding at Glasgow. 

Starkey has been injured half the season and has only really started to get going. If he keeps his average below six we'll happily have him back.

Edited by MD

advise everyone to check again later there may be more showers before they die out this evening

Definitely check again as I'm 7 miles as the crow flies from Lakeside and its hammering down again at the moment.

I am a mile away and only had a light drizzle since club said meeting is on, fingers crossed we get no more rain. Looking forward to this one and hopefully their is another good crowd like last week.