British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

Lakeside v Peterborough 10/8/18

5 minutes ago, liam said:

I am a mile away and only had a light drizzle since club said meeting is on, fingers crossed we get no more rain. Looking forward to this one and hopefully their is another good crowd like last week.

Hammering it down now lol.

Foolish to suggest at 3pm that everything was going to be ok given the amount of rain around if they had checked the radar before hand.

Another Friday night lost, another fixture we now have to rearrange with a fellow Friday night track, all those Fridays earlier in the season when it was dry and we didn't run.

• Like 1

Absolutely right Marco..speedway seems to be run by a group of incompetence of the highest order.......

1 hour ago, marko said:

Foolish to suggest at 3pm that everything was going to be ok given the amount of rain around if they had checked the radar before hand.

Another Friday night lost, another fixture we now have to rearrange with a fellow Friday night track, all those Fridays earlier in the season when it was dry and we didn't run.

The earlier post seemed to suggest that they had , indeed, checked the weather forecast. As it turns out, it proved not to be accurate.

Yes Tony, the forecast, but not the radar! there is potentially a big difference, anyway it doesn't matter, I called it right, they got it wrong, but we all lose.

According to the current radar there is a huge rainstorm over the area as I type this at half seven, so there is no way this meeting could have gone ahead tonight even if it had not rained earlier, I don't know where they get there forecasts from but maybe they should consider changing it? "no more rain after 3pm" hmmm

We have just had a significant weather event (some 20 miles East of the track) - thunder, lightning, hail, heavy rain and, to top it off, a double rainbow!

Edited by TonyE

15 minutes ago, marko said:

According to the current radar there is a huge rainstorm over the area as I type this at half seven, so there is no way this meeting could have gone ahead tonight even if it had not rained earlier, I don't know where they get there forecasts from but maybe they should consider changing it? "no more rain after 3pm" hmmm

Just checked the radar. That is some storm, it would never have been on.

2 hours ago, marko said:

I don't know about now , but a few years ago Jon Cooke was using two or three weather forecasts including, I heard one from some windsurfing club at Shoeburyness which was remarkably accurate. 

To be fair, it was a difficult call . As it happened I popped in to the track around 4.30 , as I happened to be passing, to check it was still on and the track looked pretty good to me then in the space of a few minutes it clouded over and tipped it down, exceptionally heavy, and you have all seen the pictures of the flooded track on the website.

Like most other fans I've been to Lakeside when there has been heavy showers in the area but they missed the track, and there have been others where the skies have been clear all round but a heavy shower has hit the track. 

• Like 1

Does it matter if it was called off at 3.30pm or 4pm really? They have called off meetings in the past early and the rain hasn’t come and they get pelters for it. 

7 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

Bad choice of guest for Ully guessing there were slim pickings

thats why the glory boys n girls pulled an awful lot of friday fixtures off . looks like it didnt work when wanting a good guest . bspa = shambolic  

• Like 3