British Speedway Forum
dazzafl

Boxall given 2 year ban refusing drug test

2 years for refusing a drug and alcohol test is that enough of a ban ??

this sport is so dangerous that i think refusing is worth a life time ban obviously cannot be trusted.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dazzafl said:

this sport is so dangerous that i think refusing is worth a life time ban obviously cannot be trusted.

Probably on a par with what he would get for failing one, so seems about right.

• Like 1

Whilst I would agree that failing/refusing a test is worthy of a life ban I think in Boxall's case his history and reputation means it probably is anyway.

Im still staggered that there has been no statement by Boxall, no apology, no excuses just a wall of silence. Personally i would like to see failure as 2 years refusal as 3 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dazzafl said:

Agreed, especially if as reported elsewhere the refusal was at a track before he intended to ride in a meeting.

• Like 1

Is he still riding in the british masters grasstrack this weekend ? As grasstrack is a different sport and he has been banned by the SCB and not the ACU

1 minute ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Is he still riding in the british masters grasstrack this weekend ? As grasstrack is a different sport and he has been banned by the SCB and not the ACU

i sincerely hope not but it wouldn't surprise me if he was allowed.

21 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Bearing in mind his rights of appeal are to the ACU it will compromise that process if he is allowed to ride

19 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

And he's probably still driving his private car or motorcycle on the public highway putting innocent passers by at risk.

Wouldn't these bans be even more effective if there was a linkage between the SCB / ACU licensing and the DVLA? Maybe some legal eagle might want to look into how such a linkage could be established? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

And he's probably still driving his private car or motorcycle on the public highway putting innocent passers by at risk.

Wouldn't these bans be even more effective if there was a linkage between the SCB / ACU licensing and the DVLA? Maybe some legal eagle might want to look into how such a linkage could be established? 

If there isn't there should be. Can anyone confirm that there is a SCB / ACU & DVLA link. A terrible oversight if there is not one. He should get a life ban for refusing a test when he was intending to ride in a meeting.

• Like 1

There is also the point of he hasn’t actually failed any drug test, he just refused to take one, we know he is guilty but even in court it would be hard to prove 

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

Well not necessarily. There's far less of a tolerance for drink and drugs in competition testing than what's legally acceptable to drive on the road. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Red Flag said:

Failure to take the test= lifetime ban, simples

I quite agree. If it wasn't,  it would open the doors for any cock and bull excuse.

• Like 2