British Speedway Forum
dazzafl

Boxall given 2 year ban refusing drug test

I want to see the tests go further, some of the top riders get tested at home at any time, obviously cost comes into it but I would like to see at least 2 riders get tested at every meeting, I’m sure riders would be more than happy doing that 

20 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I want to see the tests go further, some of the top riders get tested at home at any time, obviously cost comes into it but I would like to see at least 2 riders get tested at every meeting, I’m sure riders would be more than happy doing that 

Whilst I agree with you, if they carried out tests that regular, there would be a lot of banned riders.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

i think during the season with the top riders when they are riding multiple leagues in multiple countries that's fine but local riders in the National League that's perhaps a bit harsh going to their homes to do it. but for sure they should be at every track at every meeting testing riders this is a massive deterrent... well it should be

Edited by dazzafl
  • Like 1

I was at Kent on Monday, and it certainly was a bizarre situation. It reminded me of being at Eastbourne when Kelly Moran was a little worse for wear.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shaggy said:

Could be the last we see of Boxall 

Perhaps a bit like Danny Bird who never paid his fine and therefore his ban has continued indefinitely. That said, has Boxall been fined?

Shocking waste of talent :(

Edited by ancient mariner
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I was at Kent on Monday, and it certainly was a bizarre situation. It reminded me of being at Eastbourne when Kelly Moran was a little worse for wear.

...Remember it well!

Boxall`s career has been on a steady decline for a season or two now, surely there is no team left desperate enough to sign him now, especially now.

7 hours ago, dazzafl said:

i think during the season with the top riders when they are riding multiple leagues in multiple countries that's fine but local riders in the National League that's perhaps a bit harsh going to their homes to do it. but for sure they should be at every track at every meeting testing riders this is a massive deterrent... well it should be

I don't think Dean meant going to their actual home but tested at their home track. That's how I read it anyway. 

33 minutes ago, Gemini said:

I don't think Dean meant going to their actual home but tested at their home track. That's how I read it anyway. 

No i meant at their home, nicki pedersen had them turn up at his house last month and I remember seeing hampel having them do it too 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

No i meant at their home, nicki pedersen had them turn up at his house last month and I remember seeing hampel having them do it too 

Really? I wouldn't have thought anyone could legally do that. :shock:

12 minutes ago, Gemini said:

I think it happens in other sports like cycling too, if you google uk anti doping it tells you about out of competition testing and I assume all other nations have the same things

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Gemini said:

It's probably a condition of having a race licence, and although I doubt they can actually force you to take a test, you'll then be deemed to have refused one.

Interesting article in a recent edition of 'Backtrack' when one-time SRA Secretary, Colin Gear, referred to the rising drug problem in speedway.

He invited a representative of the Sports Council to attend an SRA AGM to talk about drugs in sport and speedway in particular. It was met with negativity by some of those in attendance but Hans Nielsen said "About time". 

Colin quotes that "Hans actually had words with an American star over it, telling him: 'If you're not taking drugs, you won't have anything to worry about'. Of all the world class riders around in my time, I found Hans one of the most supportive".

• Like 1