British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

Premiership Most Improved Rider 2018

12 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Better off away from Poole and he has a terrific future some of the things you mentioned man management then comes into the equation.He has a far better home track to race on now where you can race and he seems really happy in his racing.

Yes he has a great future whether he can be as good as his brother Chris i am not sure but certainly has a big future ahead of him and he could well be back at Poole next season.

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes he has a great future whether he can be as good as his brother Chris i am not sure but certainly has a big future ahead of him and he could well be back at Poole next season.

I dont think he will be back at Poole he should stay at Somerset depends i suppose on the format of the league. A big ask to better what Chris has achieved but will soon along  with Fricke racing in the GP series.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

I dont think he will be back at Poole he should stay at Somerset depends i suppose on the format of the league. A big ask to better what Chris has achieved but will soon along  with Fricke racing in the GP series.

It is up to Poole as he is our asset, if Matt Ford wants him at Poole and they can repair their differences he will ride for Poole.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

It is up to Poole as he is our asset, if Matt Ford wants him at Poole and they can repair their differences he will ride for Poole.

But will he want to return to Poole?.  Just remember no one owns an "asset", he could just ride abroad or do what other riders should have done and take the "asset" issue to a court.  

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Nonense, if he doesnt want to ride at Poole he wont no matter who owns his contract. So no, it is not up to Poole at all.

he has been superb this season for Somerset, why would he want to go back to Poole anyway?

6 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Nonense, if he doesnt want to ride at Poole he wont no matter who owns his contract. So no, it is not up to Poole at all.

he has been superb this season for Somerset, why would he want to go back to Poole anyway?

Saw a recent photo from the UK SGP round where him and Matt seemed to be up close and cosy before the meeting. Matt is not stupid and maybe there has been some bridge building. Considering what future he may have and being a Poole asset I am sure Matt will want to repair the relationship as best possible. Especially if there is also still a chance that Chris could also return, so to have both would still be good for Matt even if Chris is not quite the rider he once was. Neither is Harris on the World stage but still a good team man in our watered down league and hopefully Chris would be similar with his still decent av well below 8. Still think he would be good for Jack in the pits.

Of course what kind of League set up we get for 2019 could be important but having these 2 on say a combined 14 point av with Brady Kurtz also hopefully shy of 8 points still and factor in Jacobsen (hopefully won't climb too much in the GSA with only 7 qualifying matches left as playoffs don't count). Add Woryna and maybe Klindt who has been riding well then a good looking team possibility.

As said all depends on league set up and points limits for 2019 and of course the BIG question regarding Holder Sr if he will be allowed to ride in UK again.

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Jack Holder absolutely wanted to be at Poole this season and when Matt Ford told him he wasn’t being considered he couldn’t believe it.

You don’t act like he did, turn up drunk as a skunk at a sponsors evening, tell your boss to F off, as well as other incidents, and expect there to be no repurcusions.

He is talent on a bike, no doubt about it. He will probably go all out tomorrow night to prove a point, but the damage was done with the way he acted last season.

So it was ok for Darcy to do all he did & not get the boot then Steve?.

Even drunk & beat up on the eve of the play off final with his team manager.

Mixed message from Ford to his riders.

3 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

That thought crossed my mind too when I read his post.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

I think you will find it was the elite league rider's championship  not the playoff final ?

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pinny said:

Yes he has been good for Somerset but he has also been good abroad too, i am sure Matt and Jack can get over their differences and ride for Poole again, i don't see why not. 

14 minutes ago, Badge said:

That thought crossed my mind too when I read his post.

Don’t ever remember Darcy telling Matt Ford to f off and starting fights with his team mates. Gary May has already had to seperate a fight between Jack and one of his teammates this year and said anymore trouble and he is a goner.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

26 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Don’t ever remember Darcy telling Matt Ford to f off and starting fights with his team mates. Gary May has already had to seperate a fight between Jack and one of his teammates this year and said anymore trouble and he is a goner.

When and who or are you just making it up?

4 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

But will he want to return to Poole?.  Just remember no one owns an "asset", he could just ride abroad or do what other riders should have done and take the "asset" issue to a court.  

Nobody has taken the asset issue to court yet so why should Jack, if Matt Ford wanted him to ride for Poole i am sure something could be worked out.

1 hour ago, lewy said:

When and who or are you just making it up?

Bwd at Somerset.

• Like 1

I will add that after both were read the riot act they have made up and get along ok. Something to do when they were at Peterborough.