British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StevePark

Newcastle vs Workington SGB Championship Sun 12 Aug @6.30pm

Forecast doesn't look overly clever, but fingers crossed it's wrong!

According to the 'official' Workington blurb, this is a re-arranged fixture (answers on a postcard...) and they will be using NL guests for both Nicolai Klindt and Rene Bach, who have decided to ride in Poland instead.

No wonder speedway is dying on its ar*e with rules like these.. I would rather see Newcastle get beat 35-55 with Bach and Klindt having cracking races with Ludvig and Robbo etc than us win 55-35 with the 2 National league guests tootling 1/4 of a lap behind.. They will have to look further afield than Josh Embleton though as he is riding for Birmingham at Coventry on Sunday 

• Like 1

My car of 4 people won't now be coming to rough park, so less money into Newcastle funds, probably a few more comets fans will be missing as well, after 48 years of watching speedway my time is just about up with these stupid rules by the BSPA maffia

As this is an "official" fixture yet Comets management are looking at no more than NL guests to fulfill this meeting they must either be very confident of winning with four men and three reserves or, very confident it'll be rained off and it won't cost as much? ;)

If this meeting does go ahead I can honestly say I feel for the Newcastle public being lumbered with this, it's not what they expect for the money paid and quite simply they shouldn't have to. :(

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Forecast doesn't look overly clever, but fingers crossed it's wrong!

According to the 'official' Workington blurb, this is a re-arranged fixture (answers on a postcard...) and they will be using NL guests for both Nicolai Klindt and Rene Bach, who have decided to ride in Poland instead.

A wonder when the original fixture was listed ?

4 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

A wonder when the original fixture was listed ?

I have asked that very question in reply to the above Tweet.  That was a few hours ago and, surprise, surprise, haven't received a reply!

14 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I have asked that very question in reply to the above Tweet.  That was a few hours ago and, surprise, surprise, haven't received a reply!

Maybe they don't want to tell you ;)

7 minutes ago, StevePark said:

prob  they are having a sun break  before the proper English weather starts .

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, shazza13 said:

This fixture has been in my calendar at work since the fixtures were released. makes u wonder.....

A bet jenga knows ;)

8 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

A bet jenga knows ;)

i know jack . if the bspa dont/cant run the club that gives them  a living . what chance have i knowing owt about a kids playground ?

i still think we can turn the diamonds over . .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, StevePark said:

It is the original fixture , not re-arranged , but as Rene and Nicolai race in 2nd tier polish teams no facility other than NL guests allowed.. confirmed by Comets promotion on official Facebook page 

39 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

It is the original fixture , not re-arranged , but as Rene and Nicolai race in 2nd tier polish teams no facility other than NL guests allowed.. confirmed by Comets promotion on official Facebook page 

we all  are in the knowledge of that rule , arnt we ?

jeez =just when you thought the season could not get any more farcical

they need to sort this out next year

quite simply - riders commit to riding in Britain and fulfilling fixtures or they are simply not signed up …..  

the promoters have got to get through their selfish heads …….supplying weakened sides to away tracks is not acceptable and is killing this sport

we need more british and Australian riders 

Edited by mauger65

The simple soloution to this problem is dont sign riders who ride in Poland .