British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StevePark

Newcastle vs Workington SGB Championship Sun 12 Aug @6.30pm

6 hours ago, mauger65 said:

jeez =just when you thought the season could not get any more farcical

they need to sort this out next year

quite simply - riders commit to riding in Britain and fulfilling fixtures or they are simply not signed up …..  

the promoters have got to get through their selfish heads …….supplying weakened sides to away tracks is not acceptable and is killing this sport

we need more british and Australian riders 

workington are noy supplying weakened sides to anyone , its just the rules that dictate we have to do it . lets face it, do you really think we want to give the diamonds a  3 point Brucie bonus .

we may still go up there and let them have nothing . speedway ... its a funny old game is is getting more corrupt year in , year out . bspa . being rewarded for failure !

29 minutes ago, jenga said:

workington are noy supplying weakened sides to anyone , its just the rules that dictate we have to do it . lets face it, do you really think we want to give the diamonds a  3 point Brucie bonus .

we may still go up there and let them have nothing . speedway ... its a funny old game is is getting more corrupt year in , year out . bspa . being rewarded for failure !

The Workington team can't be much worse than the tosh that Newcastle put out at home last weekend, hopefully a Diamonds win on the cards now to stop the rot.

• Like 1

Some more explanation of the situation on the Comets Facebook page, though I still cannot see why we are penalised?

50 minutes ago, highside said:

The simple soloution to this problem is dont sign riders who ride in Poland .

If only it was that simple.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, screm said:

If only it was that simple.

Newcastle managed it, (eventually) ;)

1 hour ago, highside said:

The simple soloution to this problem is dont sign riders who ride in Poland .

Another solution would be to eradicate weekend tracks ;)

Simple answer is you should be allowed a guest for any missing rider. I know there will be arguments when people will say that teams are using a facility to strengthen up but as long as it is a rider with the same average then so be it. The public pay to see 7 riders not the crap that will be served up tomorrow. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, cometbaz said:

Simple answer is you should be allowed a guest for any missing rider. I know there will be arguments when people will say that teams are using a facility to strengthen up but as long as it is a rider with the same average then so be it. The public pay to see 7 riders not the crap that will be served up tomorrow. 

On the flip side of that, some of the paying public want to see continuity within a team, not just any Tom, Dick or Harry turning up. I agree it could be acceptable if riders are injured etc. but not if a rider just fancies riding elsewhere whenever it suits. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cometbaz said:

Good post.

Sadly, it will be Newcastle that will missing out on the Gates, I know we had 4 full cars coming across , around 17 people , a lot of money to lose on gates . It’s crazy and killing the sport over here 

On comets website jacko trys to explain the reasons behind the problems tbis weekend but instill cant see how peterboro can "loan" jack holder and get a  nice fee tl a team in poland yet we are told its the rules dan has to ride in poland on sat ?ofcourse it could all be solved if the riders just said i am riding for the comets and poland can go to hell this weekend !

15 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

On comets website jacko trys to explain the reasons behind the problems tbis weekend but instill cant see how peterboro can "loan" jack holder and get a  nice fee tl a team in poland yet we are told its the rules dan has to ride in poland on sat ?ofcourse it could all be solved if the riders just said i am riding for the comets and poland can go to hell this weekend !

or they could just say that Workington can go to hell this weekend ;)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

or they could just say that Workington can go to hell this weekend ;)

i have been a good few times to hell , i mean hull . to hull and back .lol.

9 minutes ago, jenga said:

Only fools and horses classic that one :t:

26 minutes ago, jenga said:

av been to Workington,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, once, lol