British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StevePark

Newcastle vs Workington SGB Championship Sun 12 Aug @6.30pm

18 minutes ago, jenga said:

no , we have strengthened up with 2 NL guys . as yet to be found .

There's still time.

11 minutes ago, andys said:

If this is certainly not a rearranged fixture, surely it's a similar situation to Jack holder last season where he put Poland ahead of British speedway, so Bach and klindt should surely be hit with bans for withholding there services.... I'm not sure about the rules so I do stand to be corrected here before I get torn apart... 

The rules may have changed (possibly more than once) since then ;)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, andys said:

If this is certainly not a rearranged fixture, surely it's a similar situation to Jack holder last season where he put Poland ahead of British speedway, so Bach and klindt should surely be hit with bans for withholding there services.... I'm not sure about the rules so I do stand to be corrected here before I get torn apart... 

Does a ban come with £ 28000? If so would take that !

35 minutes ago, jenga said:

no , we have strengthened up with 2 NL guys . as yet to be found .

Two Newcastle Juniors I'd say J, track knowledge will be invaluable and saves on travelling expenses!! :D

27 minutes ago, andys said:

Exactly, it’s either bans for the riders or action taken by the SCB against Workington.

23 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Exactly, it’s either bans for the riders or action taken by the SCB against Workington.

Was any action taken against holder and your management after your misdemeanor? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, gregory peck said:

I think, on appeal, Peterborough fined a grand for each of the three meetings Holder missed. No action against Holder as he was given permission by Peterborough to go to Poland.

Edited by Isotonic

5 minutes ago, gregory peck said:

Indeed it was, action was taken against the club by the SCB because Holder was given permission by the management to miss the meeting.

Ged Rathbone received a £28,000 fine which was amended on appeal to a smaller fine which was paid.

3 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Why would they say it was re-arranged, if they knew it wasn't ?,,, it all smells a bit fishy ;)

Excuses, excuses. If it was a rearranged fixture then they would have been granted a facility, as they have for Dan Bewley tonight (Saturday). It's been in the fixture list since they were first published so Bach and Klindt should be at Newcastle tomorrow. They appear to have chosen not to be so no facility.

2 hours ago, jenga said:

can any OUTSIDER tell us why we moved to the Friday night fixtures . NO workington fans to post . please .

look forward to hearing from posters in about 1/2 an hour ..

Workington DIDN'T move their friday night fixtures the BSPA did. They were told they couldn't run on fridays (unless racing against another saturday track) as there were to many fixtures on fridays leading to a shortage of available riders to guest for teams with injuries!! (notably Scunthorpe). This despite  the fact that fixed race nights is SUPPOSED to lead to less guests. 

Speedway getting worse every year .I need to get Marty Mcflys car and go back to late 70s early 80s . 

8 minutes ago, bri1966 said:

Speedway getting worse every year .I need to get Marty Mcflys car and go back to late 70s early 80s . 

Totally agree things were much simpler then never any of this complicated tripe of today 

3 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Why would they say it was re-arranged, if they knew it wasn't ?,,, it all smells a bit fishy ;)

Excuses, excuses. If it was a rearranged fixture then they would have been granted a facility, as they have for Dan Bewley tonight (Saturday). It's been in the fixture list since they were first published so Bach and Klindt should be at Newcastle tomorrow. They appear to have chosen not to be so no facility.

2 hours ago, jenga said:

can any OUTSIDER tell us why we moved to the Friday night fixtures . NO workington fans to post . please .

look forward to hearing from posters in about 1/2 an hour ..

Workington DIDN'T move their friday night fixtures the BSPA did. They were told they couldn't run on fridays (unless racing against another saturday track) as there were to many fixtures on fridays leading to a shortage of available riders to guest for teams with injuries!! (notably Scunthorpe). This despite  the fact that fixed race nights is SUPPOSED to lead to less guests. 

Workington might yet get out of jail. If tonight's Swedish GP is cancelled (highly possible as it's raining over there and it is yet to start) then it will be rerun, I believe, tomorrow. If so most Polish fixtures will be cancelled if they have a GP rider taking part. Not sure if this would apply to the fixtures Klindt and Bach are in.

you are not answering the question . the q was  WHY were workingtoon  allowed to run friday night fixtures at the start of the season  and can an OUTSIDER state the reason why we were allowed to run on fridays ? answers on a £10 note and send it to workijgton speedway ..

17 minutes ago, jenga said:

you are not answering the question . the q was  WHY were workingtoon  allowed to run friday night fixtures at the start of the season  and can an OUTSIDER state the reason why we were allowed to run on fridays ? answers on a £10 note and send it to workijgton speedway ..

Can you put more than one answer on a note ?

9 minutes ago, jenga said:

Make it a £50 note