British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mike.Butler

Eastbourne v Plymouth (NL)

I'm out this afternoon.. but in the meantime anyone know if Plymouth might be able to find any heat leaders for this match? It's shaping up to be a major mis-match as so many are in this years national league unfortunately. The disparity between top and bottom is not doing anyone any good. In the early 90's I remember getting to track and the meeting was off due to Hackney not being able to track a competitive side....doesn't seem to be an issue for the NL these days! 

Edited by Mike.Butler

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so,  could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number. 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Mike.Butler said:

I'm out this afternoon.. but in the meantime anyone know if Plymouth might be able to find any heat leaders for this match? It's shaping up to be a major mis-match as so many are in this years national league unfortunately. The disparity between top and bottom is not doing anyone any good. In the early 90's I remember getting to track and the meeting was off due to Hackney not being able to track a competitive side....doesn't seem to be an issue for the NL these days! 

If Eastbourne called tonight off Mike, that would be almost two months without a home meeting. The NL has definitely turned into the poor relation of British speedway.

5 hours ago, alan6870 said:

Easy win for the Eagles tonight.

Ben Morley and Richard Andrews were good value

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Decent meeting tonight. Plymouth battled hard with limited resources.

Totally agree. On paper,  it looked a lost cause before the start but Plymouth did well with what they had. Good choice of guest but you wonder if Ellis Perks might have gone through the card, although Ben Morley not far short.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Decent meeting tonight. Plymouth battled hard with limited resources.

I'll say. A guest No1, two second strings and (hoping the riders involved will forgive the expression) a rag-tag collection of 3 pointers. Plymouth's injury list is approaching epic proportions

Edited by ancient mariner

i would have said that they missed henry atkins more than perks as morley around arlington is always worth paying to watch. with the way baseby , wood & ayres have been riding no real suprise that he didn't manage a maximum though . didn't have a programme but i think they had alex spooner at no 3 so as been mentioned always going to be hard for them .nice to see richard andrews in what must be close to the best form of his life . 

29 minutes ago, gee jay said:

i would have said that they missed henry atkins more than perks as morley around arlington is always worth paying to watch. with the way baseby , wood & ayres have been riding no real suprise that he didn't manage a maximum though . didn't have a programme but i think they had alex spooner at no 3 so as been mentioned always going to be hard for them .nice to see richard andrews in what must be close to the best form of his life . 

Andrews was excellent at Kent on Monday as well. He provided great entertainment in both meetings.

Ditto comments on Richard.  Not only did he ride well but he just looked great, real action packed style. Loved him when he rode for Eastbourne and I hope he carries on going well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevec said:

Ditto comments on Richard.  Not only did he ride well but he just looked great, real action packed style. Loved him when he rode for Eastbourne and I hope he carries on going well.

Also agree, he was a main contributor to us winning 3 trophies in our first season in the NL.