British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Leicester "Lions" v Belle Vue "Aces" Mon 13th Aug @ 19.30

19 minutes ago, bree34 said:

Belle vue have imploded since they sacked Jye they had the chance to replace Worrall and drozdz but chose to  sack jye and keep drozdz, then sack drozdz for berge when they could of got rid off him earlier and kept jye , then the reserves would have been a lot stronger. The issue with Worrall he is not fit and should have been replaced early on for consistency within the team. Then comes the team manager surely his job is on the line now with his stupid decisions. Well done to nikolaj b jackobsen in his performance tonight he really flattened belle vue hopes of playoffs. Bye bye belle vue 

Agree with 99% of this , except the gloating at the end  ;)

But it has to be said Mark Lemon as made a complete shambles of the Aces team changes . He's clueless .... IMO 

Pathetic performance. That's was worse that drozdz performance at Lynn. And that was bad. 

rule book needs ripping up though, NBJ has an assessed 5 point average in premiership with rye house but comes in on his championship average of 4 point something. Or have i got that rule totally wrong???

Either way that's no excuse. We were beaten by a better team tonight. Riders lucky the window closed last night 

1 hour ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Why didn't Lemon replace Fricke, when he touched the tapes in heat 6 with Riss  ???

Because Berge had already replaced Riss, so he couldn't come back in.

Its a risk you take making reserve switches.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Phil The Ace said:

Pathetic performance. That's was worse that drozdz performance at Lynn. And that was bad. 

rule book needs ripping up though, NBJ has an assessed 5 point average in premiership with rye house but comes in on his championship average of 4 point something. Or have i got that rule totally wrong???

Either way that's no excuse. We were beaten by a better team tonight. Riders lucky the window closed last night 

Trying to avoid a knee jerk reaction , but the backbone of this Aces team has consistently failed to produce 

Away from the NSS when the chips are down . Simply not good enough 

3 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Because Berge had already replaced Riss, so he couldn't come back in.

Its a risk you take making reserve switches.

Fair enough ...

Cook not  as good as he thinks, Lemo not as good as he thinks,need to release   Cook  and Tungate  only good at B v   Get a new manager lemo just be speedway directer someone with more experience  

43 minutes ago, acef said:

Obviously the team have downed tools but I'd just like to go on record to say cook is a full on bottle job. Absolutely crap. Thinks he's a lot better than he is, just a bang average rider. 

Your right regarding Cook.

• Like 1

No points no surprise, I predicted we wouldn't get another away point a couple of weeks ago, what is a surprise is the margin of defeat. Not replacing Stevie who was never going to come back fully from 3 months out after a nasty injury has come back to bite us on the backside, I would never have had Cook back this season, the GP was always going to have a negative impact as hes way out of his depth, always talks a good game pre season though, this might wake up the owners as they have lost out on the most lucrative meetings of the season. The difficult decisions should have been made rather than any misplaced loyalty. having said that lets not take anything away from Leicester, well done to them.

• Thanks 1

Leicester, the whipping boys of the league, slaughter a very poor Belle Vue team tonight. 

Top 4 all but done and dusted.

26 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

Would Auty be any good as manager?

He might give himself a team place...:D

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Leicester, the whipping boys of the league, slaughter a very poor Belle Vue team tonight. 

Top 4 all but done and dusted.

Can’t argue with you there. Cook, Worrall and Fricke 3 points each, total shock, very disappointed, well done the Lions.

1 minute ago, SPD444 said:

Can’t argue with you there. Cook, Worrall and Fricke 3 points each, total shock, very disappointed, well done the Lions.

And a few have been saying Fricke should be in next years GP series as a wild card. I don’t think so.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

I hoped we would win but could accept we might lose after a closely fought meeting but I certainly didn't expect that result. Congratulations to Leicester on an excellent performance. 

I'm not one for knee jerk reactions. I thought our play off chance went after the defeat at King's Lynn. Let's see how we get on at Somerset, Swindon and Wolves, see what the league structure is next year and then hope that the management make the right decisions during the winter. Mark Lemon has guided us into the play offs for the last three years and I believe that we would have been there again this year but for the injury to Steve Worrall.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And a few have been saying Fricke should be in next years GP series as a wild card. I don’t think so.

Why because of one poor meeting ?, 

Max definitely has the potential to be a future GP rider , could have been in next years series but for engine failure