British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Leicester "Lions" v Belle Vue "Aces" Mon 13th Aug @ 19.30

Like Kurtz, I don’t think he has the killer instinct and will end up more a Schlein than a Holder or Doyle.

19 minutes ago, SPD444 said:

Can’t argue with you there. Cook, Worrall and Fricke 3 points each, total shock, very disappointed, well done the Lions.

Cook only scored 1

Updates gave him bewleys 2 points from heat 5 or worralls from heat 8 lol.

Add the individual scores up on there and they come to 34 not 32.

Edited by Elmo

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Like Kurtz, I don’t think he has the killer instinct and will end up more a Schlein than a Holder or Doyle.

Possibly , but like Kurtz he's only young , bit to early to draw comparisons with Holder and especially Doyle  IMO 

Both talented young riders  .

Edited by WestGorton1884

13 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Cook only scored 1

Updates gave him bewleys 2 points from heat 5 or worralls from heat 8 lol.

Add the individual scores up on there and they come to 34 not 32.

Yes, I forgot that. They gave him Worrall’s  I think. Makes it even worse. For those who follow Cookie on twitter before the meeting he said that he had driven past some weightwatchers who were not singing, after tonight they are belting out the Wagner fortissimo for sure.

Edited by SPD444

Nice to see a fair size crowd in tonight, thought after the recent drubbings it could have been thin on the ground. Track didn’t produce in the way of passing, which after the decent Poole meeting was a shame. Nicholls in heat 13 round the outside was superb though.

Anyways we won a bloomin speedway meeting for a change!! Reasons to be cheerful

• Like 3

Well done Leicester on winning the gating competition! Apart from heat 13 every other race could have been called after the 2nd bend.

53 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Well done Leicester on winning the gating competition! Apart from heat 13 every other race could have been called after the 2nd bend.

Unfortunately correct and I thought it was a pretty boring match. It must be me though because a lot of Lions fans on Facebook are saying it was brilliant racing, which seems to prove as long as their team wins that's all that matters. Personally I really enjoyed the Poole match as there was some good racing even though Lions lost but now it seems it's back to the normal processions again. :cry:

speedy bill.............Cook not  as good as he thinks, Lemo not as good as he thinks,need to release   Cook  and Tungate  only good at B v   Get a new manager lemo just be speedway directer someone with more experience 

8 points isn't that bad surely? 

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gemini said:

Unfortunately correct and I thought it was a pretty boring match. It must be me though because a lot of Lions fans on Facebook are saying it was brilliant racing, which seems to prove as long as their team wins that's all that matters. Personally I really enjoyed the Poole match as there was some good racing even though Lions lost but now it seems it's back to the normal processions again. :cry:

8 points isn't that bad surely? 

Not me though, only decent races were at the end and you liked my FB post pointing that out.

However the result was much needed after all the recent tonkings and that is what maybe affects people's judgement on the actual quality of the racing.

Edited by Elmo
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Could Cook have been replaced by using IRR in heat 13?

No, can only use it for 3 rides so he already had 3 programmed rides 

An example of where a riders score doesn't tell the whole story. Cook scored one point which looks terrible for a rider of his calibre but according to Phil the Ace, who was there, 

In heat one he got filled in badly on 2nd bend, went for a tear off but they malfunctioned so rode the entire race blind. In his 2nd ride he was about to take the lead when he had an EF, then in his 3rd he gave it his all after a poor start. Was really hard on NBJ and then tried a blast round the leading rider and overcooked it and fell. He then withdrew

• Like 1

13 hours ago, speedy bill said:

Cook not  as good as he thinks, Lemo not as good as he thinks,need to release   Cook  and Tungate  only good at B V   Get a new manager lemo just be speedway directer someone with more experience  

That is why they got rid of Sedgeman & brought in Tungate to score the points at BV & not away!

14 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The 'killer instinct' is probably a trait that riders develop differently through their career. Jason Doyle seemed to get his during one winter between seasons. Looking at Max's performances at the NSS recently, he has shown a ruthless side to his riding, and has made some extremely daring and incredible passes. He now has to develop that to a consistent level and at every track he rides - he has the talent to do that and, at his age,  has time on his side.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

rule book needs ripping up though, NBJ has an assessed 5 point average in premiership with rye house but comes in on his championship average of 4 point something. Or have i got that rule totally wrong??

I think the average rules have been the worst ever this year, but agree with the NBJ average! His 5.00 Rye ave was assessed on his starting Berwick ave on 6.50, he didn;t do enough matches to get a new ave, so it makes sense for him to ride on his current ave (5.78 / 1.3 = 4.45) compared to early season ave!